15

sunlight seeping through the window blinds woke renjun up, groaning as he stretch his body from a deep slumber

sunlight seeping through the window blinds woke renjun up, groaning as he stretch his body from a deep slumber. he instictively hugged the pillow beside him as he clutched the duvet when he realized that it wasn't minji.

was it a just a dream? it was vague but it felt... true. renjun felt minji kissed his forehead last night, he even felt her laying down beside him to embrace him tight in his sleep. he remembered he told minji to pull away because he was sick but minji only hugged him tight and told him him to just sleep, resulting to him engulfing her to a hug back, giggling as he caress her hair.

but there was no trace of minji in his bedroom and the pillow beside him convinced him that he was just thinking about minji last night. he let out a hollow chuckle, it's so stupid of me to think that it was real.

he took a warm bath and changed his clothes into a white shirt inner and a denim jacket. he went out of his room, just to be welcomed by a smoke filling the room and oil spills on the floor. he immediately ran towards the kitchen to quickly turn on the ventilation then he grabbed the floor mop on the side to wipe the oil spills.

"oh, hyung, are you feeling better now?" his nightmare #1, jisung, asked him as his nightmare #2, chenle, spoonfed him to taste the tomato egg that he made.

renjun scanned the kitchen once again as he shut his eyes tight before replying, "i think i'm feeling sick again." he glared at the two, "i'm going to change the passcode, chenle."

amidst the whine of the younger, they began to eat lunch that jisung claimed to be prepared by him. the two only realized that renjun was carrying his bag, and seemed to be ready to go to the university.

"you'll attend classes?" chenle paused on chewing his food just to look at him in disbelief. "you should just rest for today."

renjun wiped his mouth before standing up and preparing himself to leave, "i have to pass my papers to my professor."

"i can pass it for you-"

he smiled at the two, "thank you, but i can manage. i'm feeling really fine right now." it wasn't a complete lie. yes, he felt a lot better than yesterday but he felt emptier the moment he woke up, most probably because of his dream last night.

renjun left chenle and jisung inside his house then he rode in the bus that has stopped on the waiting shed the moment he reached there. the ride was quick, he has already arrived the university in a span of 20 minutes.

he greeted the students he knew as he walked towards his professor's office. the professor was quite surprised to see renjun, like he wasn't expecting him to see this day. he was about to speak but mr. lee talked first.

"oh? mr. huang i thought you couldn't come today? shouldn't you be resting?" he asked renjun, making the boy confused because he surely hasn't said anything about him being ill yesterday.

"i feel better now, sir. about my papers-"

the professor sat up straight and smiled at him, "you are really an intelligent student, mr. huang. i have already read your work and i can say that you really never fail to impress me despite taking two courses at the same time."

huang renjun gripped the file folder of the newly printed written work of his since he couldn't find the copy earlier, and discreetly hid it behind his back. "oh, thank you mr. lee," confused, he bowed to the professor.

he was about to leave the office when the professor started talking again, "thanks to the girl you asked to pass your papers to, you accumulated an additional grade since you're the first one to submit it to me."

"girl?"

mr. lee nodded, "yes, she was also the one who told me you're sick. i had a great time talking to her about you."

renjun became even more confused, "do you... perhaps know where she went?"

"oh, she told me she have a class in directing."

as soon as mr. lee told him that, he muttered a quick thank you to the professor as he rushed out of the office to run to the theater arts department. he was panting but he didn't mind, he wanted to see minji as soon as possible.

he stopped on his tracks when a group of students surrounding someone caught his eye. there were three males around a girl, and the other girl with the boys was just watching them. he peeked a little closer to see what was happening and there he saw the girl in the middle was drenched in black liquid while the group was laughing at her. the girl was on her knees and wasn't fighting back at all, making renjun step on the scene.

he paused on his tracks, fumed and worried, when the girl looked up and he saw a clearer view of her face, "minji-ah."