25

"stop staring at me like you're questioning my whole existence, chaeyoung-ah," minji sulked as she sipped the iced chrysanthemum tea that her friend brewed for her

chaeyoung couldn't help but to sigh, "i really meant when i told you that we should hang out here, but soon doesn't mean it has to be today. why did you reject renjun's offer? are you insane? this isn't even a proper hang out, minji. look, i'm working right now."

minji tried to defend herself, "i already made plans with you before he asked me, okay?" she stopped drinking her tea when realization hit her, "how did you know about that? i haven't told you that yet."

"jisung and chenle told me," chaeyoung confessed as she took a bite of the milk cake she also prepared. "i appreciate that you want to spend time with me, let's have a proper hang out next time. you should ask your boyfriend on a date right now."

boyfriend, huh? that sounds nice, minji bit her lip at the thought. "he's not my boyfriend... yet," she confessed in a small voice but chaeyoung's ears heard it loud and clear, making her look at minji like she's questioning her existence again, as per minji's words.

"why the fuck are you not official yet?" chaeyoung unintentionally gasped and asked in a loud voice, making minji stood up from her seat quickly to cover her best friend's loud mouth. chaeyoung seemed to realize something when she calmed down so minji let go of her and sat across her again. chaeyoung seemed to caught the reason as she toned down her voice, "is it because of me?"

minji kept silent. she knew chaeyoung will soon find out but she felt like she'd never know how she'll respond to that, let alone look at her. without a doubt, minji wanted to intertwine her hands with renjun's, kiss the birthmark on his right hand, hug him whenever the two of them had a rough day, feel his lips on her forehead, cheeks, and lips, just like what every couple do. but she felt the need of chaeyoung's approval, and she's sure that this is the healing that renjun talked about.

on the other hand, chaeyoung felt guilty. because of her, she felt like she stripped off minji's freedom to love and to be loved by someone, and she's not going to let it happen anymore. "minji-ah, listen to me. you don't need to ask me if i was okay with this or that-you don't need my approval. yes, i had a crush on him but it was just a crush," chaeyoung held minji's hand and rub it using her thumb. "i badly regretted that i overreacted that time. i never knew i'm not gonna see you again until now. i know you love each other very much."

"he makes you happy, why am i going to ruin that?" chaeyoung smiled at her, making minji beam too.

minji bit her lip as she searched for her phone, "should i send him a message? what's up? ah-that sounds not so romantic. should i just go for a simple hello? what should i send?"

"my place or yours?" chaeyoung chuckled when minji rolled her eyes at her, cheeks crimsoned because of her antics. the sound of the chime on the door was heard, signalling that there are new customers in the cafe, so chaeyoung stood up and nodded at minji, "i will get their orders, talk to you later!"

the girl smiled at her before concentrating on what should she send to renjun. should i just call? maybe that will sound so desperate. should i ask him personally? she thought as she searched on naver how to ask your crush out.

her focus was diminished by the noise that the customers sitting behind her was making. she didn't bother to look at them and tried to concentrate on composing message but the noise really made her head hurt. almost everyone inside the cafe paid attention to them, even though they couldn't understand a single thing they were saying since they speak chinese, because of their loud voices. it is not the case for minji though. her language skills was enhanced because she had moved to different countries with her father so she can understand what they were saying... and it's making her blood boil.

"the part timer finally arrived, oh my gosh. chenle messaged me if we could hang out-why is your face like that?" chaeyoung sat across minji while stretching, confused as to why her best friend seems to be mad.

minji leaned back on her seat, arms crossed, "you know i can understand chinese, right?" she sighed before she continued, "i think they're mocking one guy in their circle because he's an art major, unlike them who are business and science related students. jun? junnie? i think that's the name of the art major."

she rolled her eyes as she chuckled dryly, "i think he's ignoring them, he's not saying anything. now, they're telling the jun guy that he will not be able to find a girlfriend because girls prefer business or science related students, what kind of logic is that? and great-now they're checking us out. these jerks really thought that no one couldn't understand those nasty words coming out from their filthy mouth."

amidst of minji's anger, chaeyoung widened her eyes when she saw someone familiar from the group of rude customers, "minji-ah, is that renjun sitting behind you?"