Ch.8

"JoQueen - So Close!..."

•Rose's POV

Joker just stormed out, leaving everyone speechless. The whole week, he was able to hide that pressure with a smile?... I can't believe him... I just stand and up, "You guys go ahead and start asking Mr.Dump about more information with this murderer. I'll try my best to get some answers..." I volunteered before Shadow look at me in disbelief.

"Rose, are you out of your mind?! What if he hurt you?!" He raise his voice before I groan. I'm tired of him being so overprotective all the time.

"He is not a monster to hurt me. Besides, I can fight if only you would let me. I have prove to you so many things, yet you still see me as a little girl..."

"I'm not letting you because I almost lost you once!"

"He is a mortal and I'm immortal. Let me handle one simple task if you trust me..." I said with a frown before he sigh and just left, followed by the other, leaving me with Lupin.

•Spade's POV

After we pull Rose's brother away from the leaving room, he suddenly hit my wound that cause me to winced in pain before Dark Eye caught me in tine. "Spade-sama!"

"Shadow, that wasn't nice!" I heard Queen scowled.

"Of course I'm not nice! You think I can just stand here and wait for my sister to be killed?!?"

"Look, we get that you want to your sister safe and all, but you gotta trust her on this one... She seems to know what she's doing..."

"I do trust her, but didn't you see what that guy can do?!?"

"We'll get back inside after me and Queen look for Joker. Dark Eye-san, can you help Mr.Spade in his injury again?" Roko mention. "Seriously Shadow. The next time you want to hit something, hit the wall, not my wound..." I growl at him before I left with my assistant.

•Joker's POV

Bad day for everyone, I'm DJ Peacock! With the killer on the loose, the death of people is now in 2698 in total, terrifying everyone to even leave their bedroom and chain all their windows and doors.

The police inspectors still have no idea who the killer was and hoping to have an answers from the greatest detectives in New York, Paris, London, Japan and more. Here, we receive an answer from Detective Hayami Kataro saying,

'It was a lot harder than I thought it would be since the only clues we have are the blood everywhere and this bloody knife. We figured out that this killer might be a billionaire since it's impossible for him to steal this sharp things from markets and stores. Plus, there's no blood traces on that place so the staffs evacuate there and lock their doors and windows...'

Keep fighting everyone! Kaitou Joker will help us! The phantom thieves will!! Just believe in his miracles and we will be save like he did before-

I growl and blast the remote on the screen in stress. It's only been a week, Joker... You'll figured something out... To be honest, I don't know why that demon hates me... I didn't do anything wtong...

D-Did I...

"Joker?" Someone called before I turned to see Queen standing in front of my door. "You okay?" She ask before I force a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to push my anger away for a while..." I lied. I'm not okay...

"By breaking the tv?" She questioned in disbelief.

"Well I was a bit pissed, but I'm fine now..." I lied. She stare at me for a while before sitting next to me. "Let me guess... this is your first time feeling stress..." she blurt that made me sectrely tensed.

"Me? Stress? Since when?" I said in disbelief, enough for her to have some second thoughts. "You're stress, aren't you? Stop denying it..." she respond before I sigh. There's no use to arguing when it comes to Queen.

She knew me too well more than Spade...

"Y-You got me... it did give me pressure... I just don't wanna h-hear the n-news... saying how m-many lives have been cut..." I stuttered and look at he window, seeing the moon again.

"Everything will be okay, Jack... Rose will try her best to convince Lupin to tell us and meet the sisters... Then, back in action! Like you always do!" She comforted before I got flustered when she hugged me all of a sudden.

"Besides, you're not the type of guy who shares how he feel to someone..." she before I scoff and secretly blush harder, but didn't show it to her.

Queen has been the only one who is good enough to comfort me whenever I feel upset. I usually give her the annoyed look and everything, but I have been hiding something personal away from her for who knows how long.

"Thanks Queen..."

I just hope she won't ask me about this...

After a couple hours, she fell asleep while hugging me. I would me disgust right now, but I actually felt warm when she do it. I look at her lips and looks so soft. I slowly lean in and almost touch her lips until Hachi ruin my chance by bursting at my door.

"Joker-san! We have good news!" He made his voice a half-whisper when he caught me glaring at him as I slowly back away from Queen who was sleeping at my shoulders. Good thing she is a heavy sleeper.

"What now?! I almost got my chance!" I whisper back at him with an annoyed tone.

"S-Sorry. Ms.Rose have an awesome news for all of us, but I think you should hit the bed as well. She just told us to meet up with her at the living room tomorrow..." he announce before I sigh.

"Sure thing. You go to sleep too after you check everyone...."

"Ok. Night Joker-san..."

"Goodnight Hachi..." I mumble before he left as I stare to Queen's peaceful look.

Cute... But when she's awake, she's a violent girl...