Ch.13

"Lupin's Backstory"

•Lupin's POV•

I gasp myself wide awake in horror and look around to see the others sleeping peacefully. "N-Nightmares... a-again..." I mumble with a deep growl in frustration. This is why I don't sleep much...

That stupid always keep bugging my life even it has been 12 years...

Suddenly, I notice Joker walking around the place before looking at his J badge. "Oi, Joker. Why are you still awake?" Queen's tired voice ask that made me flinch in surprised when she next to him.

"You startled me... *sigh* What do you think Lupin's childhood look like, Queen..." he suddenly ask that made me frown in confusion.

"Why do you wanna know..." she ask with a low tone.

"I couldn't sleep because I was trying to recall all the enemies I made before this happen... Whoever that guy who's trying to kill me, I think I struck his nerve that made him do this..." he mention.

"What got you so serious? At first, you keep thinking all of this as a game... so why act so serious right now..." she remind him before he turn to her while I keep listening.

"I will consider this as a game if our beings aren't involve... The time we defeated Professor Clover, all of us are serious because it depends on all of us... But on other missions, I was just joking around... When I help yawning jerk get back home, I was being playful, positive and confident because it was our game... But this?... This is too much..."

"Guess people are important to you that much..."

"Are you kidding?! I did all the impossible for them as my audience! I was a magician after all... It's not fun doing it without any audience..."

I look at him with a 'so done' dumbfounded expression. "I don't even know if your being serious or not..." the diamond said in sarcasm.

"I was serious for real and joking at the same time... The feeling of being alone is what magicians will feel when no one came to their show. People don't care about me, but I care for them to be happy... Being a Phantom Thief is giving an entertainment as well, you know..." he remind me before I look at him surprised.

"You really are interesting, Joker... I can tell you have a bad childhood, but you're so lucky you have friends to be there by your side..." I mumble under my breath.

"I'm sure everything will be over. Maybe Lupin have more friends to help us?" She added before I look down.

"Wish I have..."

"You'll be fine on your own, right Lupin?" Mom ask. "Yeah. You said that you're a big boy, remember?" Dad added before I force a smile.

"O-Of course ma, pa... I will be fine... Just come back soon, okay?..." I said before they smile back. "That's our good boy, Lupin... We'll be back before dinner..." they said.

"S-Sure thing. I l-love you..." I finished, but they just left me with Zaia without saying those three words back.

Zaia is my evil babysitter who's also a scientist. While mom and dad are gone, she always torture me at the basement and give me cuts. After that, she force me to clean the whole mansion.

And when my parents came back, she told them that I was a naughty boy.

"I-I'm fine..."

"I'm okay..."

"I will be a-alright..."

Those were the only words I keep telling them everytime they ask me why even I was crying inside because they never force me to tell anything. It's like they never care even they raise me or feed me...

When I'm in school, I get beat up by tough guys while no one even stood up for me and the teachers never notice. They also notice when they saw me so many bruises.

"Are you alright, Lupin? Who did this to you?" That's what they always ask, but I force a smile.

"N-Nobody d-did... I'm a clumsy guy so you might see me with a lot of bruise around myself everyday... I will be fine..." I said it again and the word was killing me. The school staff just ignore me... Everyone in the world just watch me suffer.

"Your parents never care... The reason they keep leaving you for me to look after is because they want you gone since the day you were born!!!"

"Looks like someone doesn't have a mommy and daddy! A kid with no parents!!! Hahahaha, you are so pathetic..."

"Hey Lupin, where's your parents?! Maybe they left you in the garbage because you're a trash~"

"They never love you... They never care for you at the first place..."

"Go die! No one will care!"

I winced at that flashback before I spot both of them fast asleep, making me form a smile.

"Be glad there's someone there for you, Joker... Maybe you'll understand me some day... I live my own life in the human world after all..." I mumble before I sigh and look at the water, seeing my fear...

Sometimes, life is just so unfair...