Chapter 24

~Megan~

After the nurse left I impatiently waited for my babies. I want to see them. It's like half my heart is missing without them with me. I just want to hold them, and love them.

I don't know how I can do it honestly. With Niall and the boys on tour, Dani is always away at dance and el is always in Manchester so it would be to hard for her to come here everyday and drive the whole way home then.

The sound of wheels moving across the floor brought be back. A different nurse came in wheeling two plastic cradles. One with a pink blanket sticking out of it, and the other with a blue blanket sticking out of it.

Oh Landon and Delilah. My babies. Mine.

She wheeled them to the the left side of my bed and I watched as she moved them closer to me. They're so tiny. Almost too tiny. I watched the nurse hook up a machine to Delilah.

"What are you doing?!" I asked getting protective of my little girl.

"Oh dear, baby B , sh-" I cut her off. "Delilah, her names Delilah"

"Well Seeing as Delilah is a twin and was born 4 months early, her lungs aren't quite strong enough to work on their own. Your son, he got most of the nutrition in the womb and is much more developed then her. Were just going to keep her on it for about 2 weeks and see if it helps" she explained.

"And what if it doesn't?" I questioned her nervous for an answer.

"I'm sorry, but her lungs will collapse and she won't make it" my face paled and My heart stopped. No. No no no no. Not my little girl. She gave a sympathetic smile and walked over to Landon.

"Would you like to hold him?" She asked giving me a soft caring smile. I nod and help my arms out for him. She carefully lifted him out of his cradle, and fixed his blanket so he wasn't sticking out in any places.

Slowly and carefully she placed him in my arms. My baby. My 4 lbs 6 ounces little fighter. He was so little. Almost to little. His little eyes popped open and shown a beautiful mix of my green eyes, and Niall's Sparkling blue ones. His little hair he had was Brown, which he got from me. He had Niall's nose and chin structure. He was beautiful.

"Hi Landon. Hi my baby boy" I cooed and gently cradled him. He wrapped his little hand around my pointer finger and just stared at me. He cracked his first smile. Oh my baby, he's so precious.

I wasn't allowed to hold Delilah since she was on the machine and had cords connected to her. My little girl. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and see her little eyes open. I want to be the first person she sees when her eyes open for the first time. Her mommy.

I was getting tired and decided to sleep. The nurse already left and I didn't went to put my baby back in his crib, so I left him be. I ended up falling asleep with Landon in my arms.