Chapter 25

*Hey guys !! I'm back(: chapter 25 is here! You might need a tissue while reading this! This book is coming to an end real soon! Only 5 chapters or so left!! ARGHH!!! Ive been writing this book since the beginning of 2014 and to see it coming it an end is sad!! I'm still debating wether or not to do a sequel. Anyway on to chapter 25!!!!*

^Listen to A thousand years by Christina Perri^

~Niall~

I watched my 4 best mates slowly carry the little black box down to the front of the isle. They all had on suits. Their eyes though were blood shot. Not saying mine aren't because mine were worse them theirs.

They let the little box lay on a stand in front of everyone. I felt the tears stream down my face. It felt like a million knives had stabbed me in the heart and are slowly killing me from the inside out. My mouth was dry and my face was puffy. Did I care though ? No. Not one bit. No one, besides Megan, could feel my true pain. She looked just the same as me, he eyes puffy and red, tissue in her hand, ready to wipe away the tears flowing down her face. Her hair in a high side ponytail, and her short black laced dress resting at her knees.

This was one of the most painful days of our life. Even more painful then me almost losing Megan.

Today was Delilah's Funeral.
My little girl.
My baby girl. The little girl that weighed 3lbs 4oz. The little girl who's little blueish green eyes open for the first time and the last time. She was here for a day, before she had to leave us.

I watched my baby, my baby girl take her last struggling breath of air. Her little eyes closed for the last time, never to reopen. I remember Megan, how she held her in her arms for the very last time. The way she smiled down upon her little girl.

The part that really killed me was when we had to pick out her funeral outfit. It was a Light pink onesie. The last outfit she would wear before she was laid to rest in the ground forever. That was the moment that it finally had hit me, I lost my baby. I was in hysterics. I fell to the ground at the hospital and just cried. I cried for my baby girl. She would never get to grow up, and see the world. She wouldn't ever get to say her first word. She wouldn't get to make friends. Never to experience her first day of school. She would never experience her first boyfriend. Her first heart break. I cried for not being a good enough father, boyfriend, band mate, son. I cried because I pity myself. Maybe, just maybe if I wasn't such an ass to Megan. My baby would still be here. ITS ALL MY FAULT. I cheated on her. I made her get in a car accident. I made her have to give birth early. I KILLED MY BABY GIRL. I KILLED HER. I HATE MYSELF.

Megan grabbed ahold go my hand as the boys walked back to their seats and the priest started the ceremony. He hands were cold. No freezing. I took off my jacket and handed it to her, seeing as I had a long sleeved shirt on. It sat there on her shoulders and she wiped the tears away as the priest began.

"Hello, and Welcome to today's ceremony. I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for coming today. Today, we set Little Delilah Rose Horan Free. Her body will be free to heaven, but her soul will always be with us in our hearts". I was already crying. My shoulders hunched over as my body shook with every sob. I tired to stay quiet, but I couldn't help but let out a few strangled sobs. I felt a hand rub my back, but I didn't bother looking back, it was probably one if the boys. Megan's hand squeezed mine and I saw she was in the same state as me.

"Delilah was just a baby, but god decided it wasn't the right time for her to be on earth. We all are brothers and sisters together on this earth. We may have lost a sister here, but heaven gained another angel" the ceremony had went on for another 40 minutes and I zoned out for the rest of it.

At one point he, the priest had asked us, her parents, to come up and speak, but we couldn't. I wouldn't dare to step foot on that platform. I knew that if I was to speak, nothing would come out but strangled sobs and heart wrenching cried of saddest, pity, and guilt. As the ceremony closed I watched as they lowered my baby girl into the ground for good. Her little 3 foot casket laid there being covered by dirt. This was it. I had lost her. I looked to my right and Megan had her head in her hands as sobs racked all throughout her body. I laid my hand on her back, rubbing it, though it just made me cry even more. We have to live with this for the rest of our lives. I have to live with the guilt everyday.

Landon. My baby boy. As of right now he's with my mum. She volunteered to take him for the day. He wouldn't ever see his little sister again. He wouldn't ever meet her. He'd never get to be that annoying, yet protective big brother of hers. To fight off any bullies of hers. He wouldn't experience the sibling bond that All Siblings have.

I stood up and helped Megan up and placed my arms around her. I held her close as she cried into my chest. As we walked towards our car the boys walked beside and behind us. Zayn opened the van door for us and we all piled inside, making our way home. The whole ride home, no one said a word. What was there to say? Megan eventually fell asleep with her head in my lap. I was stroking her hair, keeping it out if her face.

I don't know how she'll cope with this. Hell I can't even cope, but I got to try and stay strong for her, and Landon.