Chapter Eleven

Finally an update! Enjoy!

TWO WEEKS AFTER APPOINTMENT WITH ELWIN

SOPHIE'S POV

" You're sure you are okay with having this party?" Fitz asked me. 

I sighed. " Yes, Fitz!" This same conversation EVERY day was beginning to drive me crazy. 

Fitz eyed me nervously. 

" Fitz, it's a CELEBRATION party! Do you not realize how well I've been doing lately? Everyone is so happy, and I am too!" I threw my hands up in exasperation, then grimaced at the pull on my enlarged stomach. 

Three months, I told myself. 

" Okay," My husband nodded. " Did you pick up the food Della and Edaline were making today? Are Biana and Linh still coming over tomorrow to help clean?"

I looked down at the long list of chores we still had to do. " Um, Edaline and Della are bringing the food over here tomorrow morning and the last I heard from Biana and Linh was that they are still coming. But it's not like they would ditch, right?" I stretched my neck. 

" Nope." Fitz grinned, walking over to me and putting his hands lightly on my stomach. 

" Let's go to sleep." He whispered softly. 

I nodded, and followed Fitz to our bedroom. On the way, we passed the nursery-in-progress, and I smiled as I saw how far we had come. Our babies were lucky to have such an awesome father making everything, from the crib to wooden game for them. Edaline and I were sewing blanket and mini towels for easy clean up. It was hard work, but the end result was fantastic. 

The next morning, I was woken up by a knock on our front door. 

I looked over, and Fitz was still sound asleep. I slowly but surely climbed out of bed and slightly waddled to the door. 

" Edaline! Della!" I smiled at my foster mother and Biana's mother, who had always been supportive of me. 

" Sophie! How are you this morning?" They asked in harmony. 

I giggled. " I'm fine! Fitz is still snoring away, I think. So tired from all that work yesterday!!"

Edaline and Della chuckled. 

" Come in!" I opened the door wider, and the two women stepped into the house. 

" You can bring the baskets into the kitchen," I told them. " I will go wake Fitz up and then quickly change."

I hurried to our room, and shook Fitz awake. 

" Wha?" He asked, one eye open, blinking sleepily. 

" Edaline and Della are here with food!" I said. " You need to get up so we can get started on-OH NO!" It was suddenly then that I saw the time. TEN THIRTY!

" Fitz, we are WAY behind schedule!" I shouted. " GET UP!" 

Fitz hopped out of bed and I pulled on a coral colored sweater and stretchy blue jeans. 

We walked to the kitchen to meet the two women.

" Della, Edaline," Fitz greeted them.

" Hello, Fitz," They replied. 

" Are Biana and Linh coming soon?" I asked.

" Yep," Edaline replied.

Knock knock. 

Fitz grabbed the door, and in came Biana and Linh. 

" Hey! Let's get this party started!"  Biana cheered. 

I smiled, and joined in. " Hurrah!"