Chapter Fifteen

SOPHIE'S POV

" Oh, the Moonlark." The guy dressed in black sneered. 

I grimaced as a spasm hit me. 

" Perfect timing," The intruder smiled to reveal yellow stained teeth. 

The aroma wafting off of him was disqusting. 

" AHHHHH!" I suddenly screamed, closing my eyes for a split second and focusing all my attention on the intruder. 

" Gah!" He screamed in suprise. 

" Sophie!" Linh tugged at my hand. 

I opened my eyes. The man was laying on the floor. Most likely unconscious. 

Linh's face was contorted in concern. " That was bad. Very bad. I need everyone to leave. Except Fitz. Shoo, shoo now."

" What's happening?" Fitz cried urgently. 

" I need to go into Sophie's stomach." Linh explained carefully. " Knife, please." She held out her hand. 

Fitz went to a special drawer and gave Linh the knife. 

" Close  your eyes. And keep them closed. Just hold onto Sophie's hand for comfort." She told him.

I felt sick. 

" Close your eyes, Sophie. This is not going to be pretty." My friend warned me. 

I squeezed my eyes shut as tight as I could. I could feel the knife. 

Oooh, ahhh. I tried not to groan too much. 

I felt a trickle of something onto my stomach. Blood, probably, I thought. 

I opened my eyes for a split second, hoping it wasn't too bad.

Wrong. I gasped. 

Linh was laying on the floor. Probably unconscious from the sight of blood. 

Next to her was Fitz. 

" Help!" I screamed, as loud as I could. 

Everyone rushed in. But as they looked at the blood pooling up, they all fainted.

Every single one of them. 

No. This was NOT possible. 

I had to deliver these babies. On my own.