.3.

My first week in La Push and working at the agency had been incredible. I had managed to bring in two new clients and was working on extensive campaigns with them which was impressing my superiors a lot. This is the exact kind of edge I promised myself I would prove, knowing that setting myself apart like this would help me secure a position later on.

I had also been spending some time with Paul, seeing him after work twice. He took me out for coffee one day and we talked for hours about our lives growing up, the differences in the way we were raised, comparing knowledge on each parent. We also spoke about our goals, current situation, and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each other on such a personal level.

I learned he was funny, and this often hid how smart he actually was. It was easy to talk to him but I felt comfortable sharing silences as well, signalling an ease around him. He described his friends as his family, and told me they all worked together at Sam's workshop, taking shifts. 

It was Friday afternoon, and thankfully for me, the office allowed you to leave early on Friday's if you had completed your work and didn't feel like staying - therefore everyone left except those who had heaps to do.

I liked the laid back and trusting nature of this environment. Every person's work was their own responsibility and as long as they got it done, no one could judge how, making it easy to step out for lunch, arrive late or leave early where needed.

Emily and Paul had made me promise to be over there for the afternoon, insisting I have dinner with them and finally meet the rest of the group. According to Paul, Jared and Embry had spent a lot of time hyping me up and spreading rumours to the rest of their group that I was 'quite easy on the eye', which made me blush at the thought but laugh it away.

I was on my way out of the office, inspecting my outfit in the mirror nervously before I left to head to Emily and Sam's house. It would pass, I looked fine, but I had noticed that my usual getup seemed significantly overdressed around the boys and Emily, who usually wore very little. I had dressed in a white off the shoulder long sleeve, paired with a blue denim skirt that had overall straps over my shoulders and a large split up the side revealing my olive legs. I paired it with a red lip, heels and bag. 

On my way out, my phone rang

"Hey brother," I greeted. "I still love saying that, I don't think I'll ever get used to it." I giggled.

He laughed on the other end musically. "Hey sis, don't worry I love it too." he admitted. "Just checking you're still good to come over today? We're all here now so whenever you get off work."

"Oh well I'm literally walking out of the office right now. I can be there in five minutes." I confirmed, knowing how close everything was in this town.

I heard Paul hushing people in the background, clearly they were listening to the conversation. "Everything okay?" I questioned.

"Yeah just trying to shut my dumbass friends up. They're really excited to meet you, Oak."