.21.

"Oak, you look beautiful, but my god please put on a jacket or something so I don't have to maul Seth when he comes to pick you up

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Oak, you look beautiful, but my god please put on a jacket or something so I don't have to maul Seth when he comes to pick you up." Paul groaned as I sprayed my signature perfume and left my bedroom fully dressed and ready for my date with Seth.

I glared at him on my way past. "We talked about this, big brother. Cool your jets," I scolded. "Oh hey Rach!" I greeted in a sweet hug.

"Hey beautiful, look at you! Oh my god Seth is going to die on the floor. He is so lucky!" she cheered, looking me up and down approvingly. I wore a simple white dress, open at the back and cut in a summery sweetheart line at the front, with a big white bow tying it altogether at the back. I had my hair in a simple low bun and paired it with pearl earrings and gold jewellery, always dressing for my overheated body temperature recently. 

Seth had told me we were going some place nice, and to dress up for it, so I was eager to see what he had planned. Christian and I never did things like this, going out to proper dates. He only wanted to come over at ridiculous hours of the morning and have my body.

It felt different, incredible, knowing that Seth wanted to do these little things with me and spend such time together. My heart swelled at the sheer thought.

"I can hear your heartbeat from here, Oak, relax." Paul scoffed, still in protective brother mode. 

I began pacing around the living room, staring at the clock anxiously. Why was I so nervous? I'd hung out with Seth everyday for months, this was no different. Right?

After a while of my erratic behaviour, Paul got fed up and I think he realised I was actually really nervous. He approached me and placed his hands on my shoulders, forcing me to stop in my tracks. 

"Oakley. Breathe." he demanded, looking me deep in the eyes and demanding my compliance. I nodded and took a few deep breaths.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm so nervous. I mean I met his fucking family yesterday, this should be nothing right? It's just Seth and I hanging out like we always do?" I ranted, mostly trying to convince myself rather than Paul.

He smirked sympathetically. "You are acting exactly like I did before my first real date with Rach." 

I looked behind him to Rachel who was smirking on the couch at his words, remembering being in my position.

I sighed. "But this isn't our first date," I defended.

He shrugged. "In a way it kind of is. Sure you've hung out together for months on end day in and day out, but most of the time the pack was there, or when he was injured we were just inside behind you. And yesterday was with his family. This is the first time you guys are getting dressed up and going on a traditional date, no wonder you're nervous."

His words made me realise why I was feeling so antsy and irritable, and spiralled me back into my panic. "Oh god Paul what if it goes horribly!? What if he changes his mind about this whole imprint business and rejects me? Do you think he'll reject me!?"