.18.

"How was your day at work, sissy?" Paul greeted as I took off my jacket finally, always overheating with my new body temperature so I would wear crop tops and such under loose jackets now

"How was your day at work, sissy?" Paul greeted as I took off my jacket finally, always overheating with my new body temperature so I would wear crop tops and such under loose jackets now. I let out an exhausted sigh and collapsed on our couch. 

"It was great! I feel like I'm back into the swing of things now, you know? And as much as it sucks I"m getting used to being away from Seth during the workday."

He laughed. "That's great! Well don't get too comfortable because we're heading over to Sam and Emily's. Sam wants to talk to you," he informed as I groaned.

"Seth will be there," he added, dragging out the 'there'. In a split second I was falling off the couch in an ungraceful heap, too excited to even process balance. 

"Well then hurry up what are you waiting for!!" I demanded, grabbing his keys and pushing him as I ran out the front door. 

Pulling up to Sam's was always the best part of my day. It was always where I saw Seth, never having actually been over to his house yet, and the pack brought so much joy to me. 

Paul had barely parked the car when I stumbled out of it and ran into the house, letting the guys know I was near with the sound of my heels on the patio. 

"Little Lahote!" Jared greeted with his massive mouthful, arms out in celebration. I giggled at him and returned his hug, greeting Embry and the guys as I did. 

"Hey family," I saluted, kissing Emily on the cheek as I hugged her. "Where's Seth?" I questioned. The last few days he had been sitting in the living room on the couch instead of in the spare room, getting a change of scenery as he continued healing, though he insisted he felt a lot better. For such a massive injury, he had still healed miraculously. But because we were dealing with a broken back, Carlisle didn't want to take any chances and still ordered him to be on couch rest while he checked in daily to make sure Seth was following the rules.

At my words, I sensed him in the room, always being able to hear and smell him as well as feel the familiar effects of my nerves arise when he was close. "Right here!" he announced proudly as he walked around the corner. 

I shot up from my chair in shock. "You're walking! You're not in a back brace! Oh my god are you...are you better!?!??" I screamed, overwhelmed with relief and happiness at the sight of him.

"Yep!" He nodded grinning eagerly. "Doc cleared me today! He still says no phasing for a few more days and to be careful but I'm all healed according to the scans!"

I covered my mouth in happy shock. "Oh my god Seth that's amazing! I-" I ran up to him and stopped myself before I reached him. "Is it okay if I hug you now??" I asked shyly, not wanting to hurt him or push Carlisle's rules.

I heard the room behind me laugh hysterically at my fear. "Oak, we've been punching him all day. Yes, hug him." Jared giggled.

"I'm sure Carlisle wouldn't be too happy to know that," Emily scolded.