.13.

Waking up from a dreamless and exhausted sleep, I almost forgot Seth had been beside me the whole night. How long had we been there? It was clear Seth was weary of crossing a line as we cuddled into each other, and I could feel his nerves as well as his love and excitement the whole time.

But a pang of disappointment and pure sadness washed over me at the realisation that Seth's large and warm body was no longer underneath me, and I was in fact cuddling a pillow.

For a second, it crossed my mind that it may have been a dream. The best, most beautiful dream of my life, being able to lay beside and hold Seth. But my heart fluttering so insistently and the feeling of his skin still lingering in whispers over mine mixed with the scent of Seth still in my bed told me that the experience had happened. 

Maybe he had gone on patrol?

I tried to shake it off, not giving into the intense feeling of longing I felt. Now that I had spent the night next to Seth, I don't know how I would ever sleep again without him. How had I lived this long and slept without having him by my side? How did I not know there was a whole other world I was missing out on?

My heart once again fluttered and I fanned away the red paint that flushed my cheeks in my smitten state.

I really was falling for Seth. 

The man who had listened to me, been patient, made sure I was happy and comfortable, supported me through everything so far and never once making me feel anything but safe and protected.

I decided I had daydreamed about my imprint long enough, and exited the bed still in my bralette and short shorts from the previous day, Seth obviously not wanting to cross a line and change me which I was grateful for.

As I opened the door of my bedroom, the overpowering smell of burning hit me. 

I rushed out confused to find Seth standing in the kitchen shirtless, allowing his massive bulging muscles to stand free as his boxers and shorts hung low on his hips making me lick my lips and shiver at the thoughts that entered my mind. God he was beautiful.

I bit my lip from a smile as I watched him gallop around the kitchen frantically, airing out the smoke from the kitchen and holding his phone to his ear. 

"Emily? How do you make eggs?" he asked when the other end answered. I heard Emily's faint laugh on the other end of the line.

"Oh Seth, you're whipped you know that?" she joked. "How bad is it?" she asked, already knowing he had burned whatever he was trying to do before he rang her for help.

He looked around the kitchen scratching his neck. "Uhh...it's not the greatest?" he said in an unsure and squeaky voice. "I just wanted to make her happy, she's been through so much and I wanted to wake her up with food because I'm always worried about her not eating enough, and then the eggs started burning and I tried to stir them to keep them cooking but I somehow lit a small fire but it's fine it's out but the eggs were casualties and I couldn't save them and she's probably gonna be awake soon and I want to make sure she eats enough, because she's so beautiful and I'm falling in love with her so quickly it hurts and I just want to make her smile.." 

Seth continued to rant, one of my favourite things he did, when I heard Emily put the phone on speaker so the whole pack could clearly hear his ramblings, eliciting deep laughs at his expense.

"Baby bro, relax. Just make some cereal or something. That's non-flammable surely even for you." I heard Leah tease on the other end.

Seth sighed. "That's not special." he whined, disappointed at her suggestion.

The smile breaking out on my face was impossible to hide, and I was stuck on the words he had uttered in his rant. 'I'm falling in love with her...' he said to the pack.