.24.

AN// We just hit 1k reads on this story! I'm so grateful for you all for taking the time to read what I've written. I genuinely write these because I enjoy doing it and it's something that takes me away from the reality of uni and life in general, and I didn't expect anyone to read it at all, so to know that that many of you are also enjoying it makes my heart happy and I love you all 🧡🧡

We'd moved inside once Paul insisted he was fine, though he did seem a little salty at me for accidentally blasting him across the forest

We'd moved inside once Paul insisted he was fine, though he did seem a little salty at me for accidentally blasting him across the forest. Fair cop. Sam and Carlisle both seemed eager to investigate whatever had happened further, realising my power was growing or there was at least more to it than we initially knew. But our first priority was discussing the whole reason we had gathered in the first place - rogues.

"We've been tracking them for weeks, months even, but Jared and Brady caught a scent last night, he thinks there's more than we initially realised." Sam filled in.

Carlisle nodded. "Could these vampires have any connection to the one that Oakley knew through work?"

"What, Holt? No. His eyes were gold, he knew what I was and didn't seem threatened. I think he's peaceful." I defended, hoping I was right.

"Either way, we can't take chances and assume his intentions are pure until we know for sure. I'm going to have to increase patrol numbers and hours," Sam announced, earning a symphony of groans. "I know boys, I'm sorry. But until this risk is minimised, we just need to be alert."

Alice seemed sympathetic, frowning at their reactions. "Well surely we can help, I mean we don't need sleep, you do. Let us take on as much as we can."

"She's right. We can coordinate on one schedule, all of us can pitch in. It means the pack gets to rest, everyone can do less hours, win win." Bella agreed.

I nodded, the pack seeming to agree that more numbers would be beneficial. "I want to patrol too," I added. "I'm surprised you haven't asked me to already, but I want to."

"No." Paul and Seth said simultaneously. I turned to stare at them with a fed up look on my face, ready to take them down. For once they seemed happy that they had agreed, and I almost didn't want to ruin it. But no, this wasn't their choice.

"Excuse me?" I questioned, mostly looking at Paul - he didn't have the imprint as a reason to be this protective. It was literally in Seth's DNA to say 'no', Paul was just stubborn.

He looked at the room hoping to find support but was disappointed to see them just as intrigued as me at what he had to say, crossing his arms over his chest. "I said no. You're not playing around with dangerous shit like this."

I scoffed loudly, rolling my eyes. "You do realise I haven't said a single word about you two putting yourselves in danger like this. Not once have I complained. I understand because it's what our kind was made for and it's just what we do. Why am I excluded from that?"