.12.

The pack and I instantly made our way over to the Cullen's home to assess whatever had happened. All Sam told us was that there was a vision. 

We arrived promptly and were invited into the living room to sit amongst the Cullen family while we waited for the other arrivals.

"How are you feeling, Oakley?" Esme asked me kindly as I entered. 

I smiled at the maternal woman. "Getting there, thank you."

Finally, Alice and Carlisle entered the room.

"Alice has had a vision which lines up with Oakley's information." Carlisle introduced, speaking softly at all times despite the clearly pressing matter.

Alice stood forward to gain our attention. "Oakley was right. The vampires that turned her are creating an army with the purpose of overpowering the Volturi."

The room took in the information silently.

"What does this mean? Are they coming back to make Oakley fight with them?" Seth asked worriedly.

"That's what Alice saw. In her vision, Joseph, the man that turned her, he will be sent to fetch her within the coming days. Then from there, they will be moving to rule."

Seth began shaking beside me. "No, they aren't taking her. No way." he demanded.

"We won't let them, Seth. Don't worry about that." Sam assured.

"How big is their army?" Jared wondered out loud.

"Bigger than the army we faced over Renesmee." Alice said, recalling her vision with a look of worry.

Sam nodded in remembrance. "Ok. So what's our game? Sure the Volturi are a bunch of stuck up pricks but they're surely better than murderous newborns?" 

Carlisle nodded quickly. "Agreed. And I believe that siding with the Volturi may protect us in the future."

"What, do you have them on speed dial or something?" Jared quipped. "How does one contact a vampire government these days?"

I tried not to snort in laughter at Jared's lack of seriousness.

"Baby that's what I'm here for," Juliet spoke from beside him. "I can drop a letter and run so I stay anonymous."

Carlisle nodded gratefully. "Ok. Let's give them a heads up, tell them we'll stand beside them. Alice how long do they have to get here?"

"Three days."

"But what about Oakley? She can't be mixed up in this, the Volturi barely honoured our truce last time, and it was even worse when they heard about Renesmee. What the hell are they going to say about a wolf-vampire hybrid?" Seth panicked.

"Hopefully if she's in wolf form at the time of the battle they won't know. They tend to stay away from your kind naturally, we can hope that her appearance will deter them from analysing too closely." Jasper offered.

I nodded and laid a hand on Seth's reassuringly. "It's ok, Seth."

"Ok. Three days. We have some training to do." Sam finalised, looking at me in particular. 

---

"No Oakley, we can't get Leah to slap you before the battle. Your vampire side needs to be comfortable with phasing, so we're staying out here until it doesn't hurt anymore and you can do it over and over again." Sam demanded, getting tired of me screaming in pain and knowing he couldn't do anything about it.

"But you're gonna see me naked over and over," I whined.

Sam sighed and brought a hand to his nose in exhaustion. "Well then I'll send out Leah to supervise you instead. But you're going to phase until it's easy. We need to loosen up the transition."