.5.

It was Wednesday, and I'd spent the week finalising this deal with Holt, which had finally been signed. I did it! Words couldn't describe how proud of myself I felt after the signing, but something weird happened.

I had been used to calling Christian the second something exciting happened, wanting to tell him right away. But when the signing was complete, my mind didn't drift to Christian once. Instead, Seth's face flashed in my mind.

I tried to dismiss it and tell myself that Seth's face had only been present in my daydreaming because he was connected to Paul, and that it was really my brother that I was excited to share the news with.

But my heart knew otherwise.

I was currently typing up my end of deal reports at my desk, hadn't looked at the clock for hours, when a bouquet of roses were sticking in front of my face and an arm was extended around me.

"Paul?" I questioned innocently, wondering if he had come to celebrate with me again.

"Uhh...well that's not what I expected to hear?" Christian's voice sounded from behind me, causing me to whip my chair around to face my boyfriend. 

I had to remind myself I was mad at him, my initial reaction being excited to see him. My face lit up slightly before it fell again, remembering the things he had accused me of over the phone. "I thought I told you not to come."  I stated before turning my chair back around and continuing my work.

Over my desk I saw Fiona eyeing me curiously, sending me sympathetic looks when she caught on to the fact that this was the boyfriend I had mentioned I was fighting with. She had been livid on my behalf when I told her about the conversation, and I had to basically restrain her from dumping him for me.

"I know but you obviously didn't mean it, I mean you love me too much," he giggled, attempting to joke and lighten my mood. In response, I simply typed even louder, attempting to drown him out and hope he got the hint. "You look super sexy in your work clothes," he purred in my ear, at which I shook my head to get him away and picked up my headpiece to aid my ignorance. 

He sighed and took my headphones off, sitting on my desk so I couldn't ignore him any longer. "Look, Oakley, I'm sorry. I said some shit on the phone that wasn't fair, and I shouldn't be taking out anger on you. You know I didn't mean it." he recited, somewhat rolling his eyes as he did.

I looked up at him skeptically. "How do I know you don't actually believe the stuff you said? You were hell bent on making me feel like shit and you threw things in my face I didn't even know you had a problem about. Do you understand how you made me feel?" I hissed quietly, crossing my arms in distaste at the memory of his words. 

"I know, I know baby and I'm sorry. I wasn't going to come but then I thought it would be better to sort it out and spend some time together. I just miss you, Ley, too much, and it's making me go all crazy, you know?" 

I hated to admit it but I was a sucker for romantic words. Christian knew what to say, and while he rarely delivered, I was a hopeless lover and had no self control. That added to the fact that Christian was the only lover I'd ever had and I hadn't experienced anything better, I didn't know how I was supposed to be treated. 

In hind sight, I obviously should have dumped him on the spot after the way he spoke to me. Especially considering it certainly wasn't the first time it happened and it wasn't the worst instance either. 

But me being clueless me and not being able to see the future, I gave into his promises and smirked.

"You have got so much ass kissing to do," I warned as my smirk appeared, letting him know we were okay and his face lighting up in victory.