.7.

Seth and I walked side by side toward the cafe he had introduced us too, the one I had pinky promised to keep to myself, in silence

Seth and I walked side by side toward the cafe he had introduced us too, the one I had pinky promised to keep to myself, in silence. He had asked Paul if I was feeling up to hanging out and Seth said he didn't want me to be alone, and that he'd rather take me out and get to know me a little more, which I thought was a super sweet idea.

I wouldn't admit it out loud, but when Paul had told me Seth was coming to pick me up in the morning, my heart did backflips. Why was I so nervous yet so excited to hang out with Seth? I mean we'd been seeing each other almost everyday since I arrived, why did I care now?

But this was the first time it would be just us, not the group, and as excited as I was, I was shit scared. I didn't know if I could contain my nerves around him. At least when we hung out as a group I was able to hide my shaking, my stuttering and my awkwardness behind whoever was there and drown out my intense pull towards him. 

But not when it was just us. Even just walking beside him I found my body literally gravitate towards him in a straight line, my walking unwillingly straying from its original path and pulling Seth closer. I hoped he didn't notice.

"Thanks for suggesting we hang out, by the way. I didn't really want to be alone, and it's nice to know that you guys don't just hang out with me because I'm Paul's little sister," I laughed gratefully as we sat in the same booth as last time.

He smirked. "Trust me that's definitely not the only reason we like you. And you're welcome, I wanted to check up on you. But I also realised I hadn't actually had a chance to get to know just you since you arrived, so why not start now?"

I nodded along, eager to begin getting to know Seth as more than just one of Paul's friends. We ordered two hot chocolates and some coffee, the weather outside calling for comfort food and drinks, as well as fries to share.

"What the hell does that mean! How can you not like Guardians, but you loved Infinity War and Endgame?! They play such a massive role in them, you're telling me you didn't like their solo films?" I accused, surprising Seth at my knowledge.

"Leah just hyped Guardians up so much for me that I think my expectations were way too high, I dunno I just didn't love it as much as I thought I would. But it was still good!" He defended, giggling to take the edge off and spare me more pain.

I shook my head in disbelief. "I'm forgiving you, only because you bought me coffee and I think you're funny." 

Seth grew a cheeky boyish grin. "You think I'm funny," he restated smugly.

"Don't start, I changed my mind, maybe you're just dumb and I think you're kidding."

He didn't buy it, only laughing harder at my declaration. 

"Have you lived here your whole life?" I questioned to change the subject.

"Yeah, I grew up on the res. My parents lived here all their lives too," he explained.