.8.

(Paul POV)

I was standing at the sink getting water for Oakley who clearly looked disheveled, when Seth's gasp caught my attention.

Within a split second, Oakley was swaying like she was drunk, before looking up, her eyes rolling back into her head, and she collapsed.

Thankfully, Embry was behind her quick enough to catch her. "What the fuck happened to her?!" he frantically called out loud as he gently lifted her and guided her to the ground safely.

I rushed to get to their side. "Has she been spiked or something?" Jared wondered out loud, the only current theory we were working with.

"Should I call my mom?" Seth questioned, Sue being like our resident 'ask no questions' nurse.

Before anyone could answer, Embry gasped. "Oh no..." he whispered, moving his hand to pick up her arm.

On her wrist, under the sleeves she had tried to cover it up with, was a fresh, still bleeding, bite mark.

I felt myself begin to shake. "Those leeches got to her....she can't be one of them, she can't!" I ranted. "What did Edward do to Bella when she got bit? Do we suck out the venom?!?" I screamed, attempting to calm my anger, knowing this was not the time to phase. 

Oakley needed me.

"No, we can't do that ourselves, it'll affect us differently, we need to get her to Carlisle!" Seth demanded, taking control and moving to swiftly bring the car around.

I took a few more deep breaths, attempting to calm myself before moving down to lift up my sister's increasingly-lifeless body. 

"It's alright, I've got her." Embry insisted. He stood up with her in his arms and quickly moved outside to the car. Seth was already in the driver's seat and I jumped in beside him, Embry and Jared in the back with Oakley draped over them. "Oakley can you hear me?? You there?" he attempted to keep her talking as we broke about a thousand road rules getting to her.

"Shit Seth, this isn't grand theft auto!" Jared yelled, the smirk on his face showing he was somewhat impressed at the fact Seth had it in him. 

"It's my girl and she needs us, yes it is." Seth growled through gritted teeth in response.

No one was brave enough to talk after that. We all knew what this meant. 

Oakley would be one of them, whether we liked it or not.

Alice was waiting out the front before we had even stopped the car. "I saw something, what happened?!" she called confused, our Quileute genes never allowing her to have a clear vision of us.

I moved to reclaim my sister from Embry. "She's been bitten!" I called as I rushed her to Alice.

"Get her in, I told Carlisle to be ready." she took action, leading us to Carlisle's office.

Within seconds, Oakley was lying on the table in front of us and Carlisle was calmly, yet moving at lightening speed, to analyse her condition. 

"She's fading fast, I'll do everything I can, you boys need to wait outside." he insisted in his smooth voice.

"NO! No way, she's my baby sister!" I fought, Embry and Jared holding me back and attempting to get me to listen.

"Dude, he needs to focus, we'll just be in the way. Let him save her," Embry soothed, forcing me to look at him so his eyes could portray his seriousness.

Jared took the opportunity to drag me the rest of the way out.

"Seth, I know Oakley means a great deal to you, but please. Wait outside." Carlisle spoke. How did he know Seth had imprinted? Were we that transparent when it came to our mates?