01

Taehyung fluttered his eyes open upon hearing his puppy, Yeontan, barking and licking his face.

"Shh. Let me sleep, buddy," Taehyung muttered, swiftly turning his body to bury his face on a pillow. However, Yeontan did not allow his owner to sleep more and barked right on the latter's ear.

As much as Taehyung didn't want to get out of bed, he needed to force himself to do so for he knew that his pet was just as stubborn as him and it wouldn't stop barking unless he wakes up.

Taehyung groaned, sitting up lazily and picked up his puppy attempting to give him a morning kiss, but the pet quickly dodged his show of affection.

He then understood that the dog was already hungry thus acting like that. Obviously, affection isn't what Yeontan needed right now. He got up and filled his dog's bowl with food before heading to the bathroom for a cold morning shower.

Taehyung sighed as he opened the refrigerator, seeing only a jar of kimchi inside. He was hungry but was too lazy to cook for himself. There was not any available ingredients to cook anyway because he didn't have time to go grocery shopping last week.

This was one of the dilemmas Taehyung had to face when he moved out of BTS's dorm and started living alone 2 months ago. Living together with his members for almost a decade, he was used to waking up with 6 other guys around whom he treats as family.

Early in the morning, Jin's high-pitched voice would echo throughout the dorm as he continuously nags at them, especially on days when they have schedules to attend to. But the best thing on weekend mornings like this was that they together enjoy the delicious breakfast that Jin prepares.

If he did not move out, he wouldn't be slurping just instant noodles and kimchi everyday and would have enjoyed eating real food. Real, appetizing food wholeheartedly made by their eldest hyung.

At times like this, Taehyung would miss his members. He missed hearing Jungkook's loud snorning, Jin's nagging, him and Jungkook's childish fights on whoever gets the last pancake, and Jimin and Jungkook's immature arguments on who was the original 'Busan boy'.

Sometimes he regrets his decision of leaving the dorm. But he doesn't want to be dependent on his members. He's an adult now and he figured that he should start learning to live on his own.

Taehyung wore comfortable clothes and a mask as he decided to visit the coffee shop outside the condominium complex. After informing Yeontan that he would be leaving for a while, Taehyung went out his unit only to be greeted by men carrying big boxes and some furniture. They were going in and out of the unit next to his.

He politely greeted some of the men that passed by and made his way to the elevator.

Taehyung had his unit at Hannam the Hill, a luxury condominium complex mostly resided by businessmen, executives, celebrities, and such high-profile people. Located relatively near the city, it had 30 stories with 6 spacious units per floor, and some amenities. Expensive rates but comfort and safety, all guaranteed. Perfect for an idol like him.

His unit is at the 30th, and he is the only occupant there, but not anymore since someone was moving in today. He was finally going to have a new neighbor.

Taehyung entered the shop, inhaling the strong scent of coffee circulating inside the air-conditioned establishment. The coffee shop was fairly small, but comfortable. The place also had less costumers, to which mostly are old people, sparing him the worry of attracting public attention. Taehyung thought it was because of the shop's old-fashioned and seemingly dry interior design and atmosphere. The storefront wasn't that attractive, either-- not attractive enough to capture the attention of passers-by and invite them to dine inside. But even then, it was the nearest from the complex and they served good beverages and pastries.

He visited the shop quite often that once he approached the counter, he need not to utter a word as the barista -- a man in his 50's who was also the owner of the small business -- already knew his regular favorite: hot chocolate with extra whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa.

Upon getting his order, Taehyung sat in a small round table at a secluded corner of the shop where he had a clear view of outside. Slowly sipping his drink, he observed the busy streets while thinking about what he'd do for the rest of the day since they didn't have any schedules.

He considered of visiting another museum or bringing Yeontan for a stroll in the park while taking random pictures with his camera. Or probably going to the dorm and spend time with his members. Or just camp inside his bedroom and watch movies or start an anime series that he, for sure, would not be able to finish.

Taehyung's thoughts came to a halt when the bell that hung on top of the shop's glass door chimed. His eyes darted at the door that just opened, a girl entering. She wore a cream-colored hoodie, checkered pants, a black snapback with a mask covering the bottom part of her face.

Taehyung's gaze followed the girl as she approached the counter, probably ordering something. His eyes narrowed into slits as he looked at her face intently. She looks familiar. Very familiar.

After getting her drink and a plate of chocolate cake with an excessive amount of chocolate frosting, the girl occupied the table by the glass wall, facing Taehyung. He waited for her to remove her mask so that he could confirm that she was the person who he thought she was.

Completely oblivious that someone was looking at her, the girl nonchalantly removed her mask as she lifted her cup to sip at her drink.

Bingo, I was right. Taehyung thought, snapping his fingers as though he won some bet.

He merely stuck his gaze at the girl for he does not want to approach or converse with her, because even if she's his fellow artist, they're not really friends.

Sure, he sees her occasionally at formal events, variety and annual award shows, but they were not acquainted. They would only bow at each other over the past years. He was surprised too, for this was the first time he saw her outside a not-an-award-show setting. What's more, he didn't expect that she actually knew the existence of this small coffee shop. Taehyung has been frequenting this place for the last 2 months and this was the first time he saw a fellow artist here. Was she visiting this place often, too? Or perhaps she just happen to pass by the street and saw this coffee shop?

Ignoring the questions of curiousity forming in his mind, he observed her more, rather amused at how the girl was enjoying her beverage. There was even some white froth that was left at her lips, which she didn't bother to wipe off and took a selca instead, puckering her lips a little to show of the froth.

Taehyung then chugged down his now warm chocolate drink and he nodded to himself for he already knew what he's going to do today.

He'd definitely go to their dorm and tell Jimin about this.