Chapter 14

Krist nervously bites his bottom lip and hopes he doesn't sound stupid. "Why don't you come over and make it for me then?"

Singto looks at Krist, whose hair is still dripping water down the side of his face. "Are you serious? You don't know how to make ginger tea?"

Krist is internally cringing and banging his head on the dash of Singto's car right now. What was he thinking? He really must've sounded stupid. As if running into him in his practically pajamas weren't embarrassing enough already. Why is he even inviting Singto over?

"It's okay if you don't know how to make it. I can make it for you. I'll even teach you so you'll know next time. Do you have any dinner plans? If not, I can make dinner too if you want. I bought all the stuff anyway, but if you have plans, then it's okay. Making the tea will be quick. I'll be in and out."

"No! I mean, yes! I mean, I have no plans, and yes you can make dinner. I'll help too." Krist says excitedly.

Singto smiles seeing Krist so excited. He used to be so annoyed with Krist's know-it-all and cocky attitude, but the more he got to know him, the more he found him refreshing and fascinating. Krist is a free spirit that isn't afraid to show everyone who he is because he's confident and sure of himself. He doesn't care what people think of him because he knows he's good at what he does. Singto admires that and wishes he can be a little more like that too.

Krist welcomes Singto into his humble abode. It's not as big as Singto's place, but it's cozy with a bit of his favorite color red. "Make yourself comfortable. Actually, I think you should change into something dry. Let me get you some clothes."

"Thanks, if it's not too much trouble." Singto smiles as he steps further inside Krist's place. Having his wet boxers wedged up his crack really isn't that comfortable. Singto looks around Krist's place, and it's much homier than he'd imagined. It's bright and eclectic, just like its owner. The red highlights around the space is just enough to make the place feel lively but not overpowering.

Singto takes all the soaked grocery bags to the kitchen and starts unpacking them while Krist went to his room

Singto takes all the soaked grocery bags to the kitchen and starts unpacking them while Krist went to his room. He quickly locates a peeler and starts peeling the ginger root. His mother has always said to make the tea as soon as possible before the cold gets a chance to settle in.

"Singto, I can take care of this. I've placed a set of clothes in the bathroom. You can also take a shower if you want." Krist takes the peeler out of Singto's hand and starts peeling the ginger. He took the quickest shower he has ever had. One that nearly scalded him because he didn't even bother to test the temperature of the water before stepping into the shower. He had to stifle his yelp when the nearly boiling water touched his skin because he didn't want to alarm Singto and make himself seen as an even bigger idiot.

"Thanks. I'll be quick. Don't start cooking without me." Singto winks and heads to the bathroom.

Krist suddenly remembers the time Singto told his story of needing to shower at his date's house due to his excessive sweating. At the time, Krist was so curious about how Singto's date could have clothes that would fit Singto. Now, he knows. Not that this is a date of course. This is just two co-workers sharing a home-cooked meal.