Chapter 15

"That's a wrap for today, we leave you with ด้วยความยินดี by Marc Tatchapon. Please join us again tomorrow morning. Have a wonderful day!" Singto signs off the air.

Singto sees his colleagues on the other side of the studio window with their thumbs up smiling enthusiastically at him. He can only shake his head at how excited others seem to be about his possible date tonight. He admits that Anna is very sweet and he enjoys their time together. Their conversations come easy and feel much more organic than all the other dates he's been on. Baking and playing with food is definitely more fun than sitting awkwardly across from a stranger and trying to break the ice with twenty rounds of questions. It's refreshing for a change.

They've had two fun dates but Singto doesn't feel like they are quite there yet. He doesn't like to rush things. Maybe he is a prude like Krist says, but he has to follow what feels right to him. And frankly, Anna's on-air call that's supposed to be sexy has put him in an awkward situation. Now people who know about Anna will have expectations. But he'll just have to deal with it later.

"Hey, we're done. You okay there? Why are you spaced out?" Singto asks Krist as he packs his bag.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. I'm just a little tired." Krist looks up at the glass window and their colleagues are still there waiting for Singto, obviously waiting for the latest scoop.

Then suddenly a palm touches Krist's forehead, and before he can react the hand has already retreated.

"Your temperature feels normal. If you're still not feeling well, then you should probably get some rest. We did stay up pretty late."

Krist smiles with an odd bubbling warm feeling inside. They did stay up way past their bedtime for two morning radio show hosts. But it was worth it. They had a good time.

"Aren't you tired? You should probably stay in and catch up with some sleep." Krist suggests as he grabs his bag to follow Singto out the door.

Singto shakes his head, readying himself for all their colleagues' silly questions and squealing. Just then Singto's phone buzzes in his pocket. Singto takes the call and waves to his awaiting colleagues and gestures that he can't talk because he has a phone call. At least he's escaped them for now.

"Hi...yeah, you got me there. I was...very surprised......mmm......that's okay, there's no need to apologize......no, really, it's okay......dinner?......uh, sure...........how about we go out instead......yeah, maybe we can let someone else cook for a change...mmhmm...how about Rossetti's at seven, I'll pick you up...sounds good...have a nice day...bye." Singto pockets his phone.

"So you're really going to have a whipped cream date tonight?" Krist asks, following behind Singto. He can't help but hear the phone conversation. It's not like he was intentionally listening, but the hallway is narrow and the echo is loud. Singto wasn't exactly whispering either.

"Nothing like that. Anna kept apologizing about last night, but I told her it wasn't necessary. Anyway, we'll just have dinner. I've got to eat anyway. Nothing more." Singto doesn't know why he added the last part but he didn't want Krist to think anything of tonight. Although, it's not like Krist cares. Actually, Krist might even want something to happen between him and Anna. After all, he thinks he's a prude.

"Sure. Have fun with Anna then." Krist tries not to sound too peeved and quickly walks around Singto to leave the office. He's feeling very irritated at the moment and he can't explain why he's feeling this way. He picks up his steps and catches the elevator right as the door is about to close.