Chapter 17

Singto is a bit nervous walking into the station this morning. He's still trying to convince himself that his cousin Kat is just full of baloney. There's no way Krist likes him romantically. Krist only followed him on his date because he's nosy and not because he's jealous. And the ginger tea gesture was only a returned favor. Or maybe Krist made it as an apology for following him. And truth be told, Singto couldn't hold a grudge after drinking that tea.

He has spent the whole weekend thinking over Kat's microscopic breakdown of his and Krist's interactions and behavior around each other. Kat has managed to turn even the most innocent touches by Krist into some secret hidden message that he has failed to acknowledge. By the end of Kat's analysis, she practically claimed Krist has been holding up a neon sign flashing "I ❤️ Singto" this whole time. Pff. Yeah, right! Of course, Singto had a valid argument for everything Kat pointed out about Krist. And of course, he didn't fail to mention that Krist was the one that came up with the Singto's Soul Search campaign and has been setting him up on some of the weirdest dates of his life. And of course, Kat said Krist picked those horrible dates intentionally so he wouldn't fall for them. See, his cousin is delusional.

Yet, why was Singto all giddy inside at the slightest possibility that his cousin could be on to something? Why were imaginary images popping up in his head? And then Kat had to go and ask the most impossible question, "does he like Krist?" That very question has bugged him the entire weekend too.

In all honesty, Singto does find Krist attractive. What's not to like? He's handsome, cute, and damn sexy. He's also fun to be with. Krist brings out a different side of him where he doesn't have to be perfect all the time. And they did have a nice time that night at Krist's place. Singto can't remember ever feeling so comfortable with just a friend. God, they even cuddled to sleep. Could they really be more than friends? A part of him wants to know the answer to that question but what if Kat is actually wrong? What if he asks Krist and he laughs in his face? Singto can only imagine the horror of the aftermath. It would be so awkward to work together if it turns out to be that way.

So Singto has decided the best way to face Krist is to just put everything behind them. They still have to work together so let's just move on like nothing happened. Kat is probably wrong anyway. He still doesn't like the fact that Krist followed him but he won't ask for the reason behind it. Hopefully, things can go back to normal.

~~~~~~

Krist looks at the clock for the nth time. He came in earlier than usual because he just couldn't wait at home any longer. He has never gotten up earlier than what's necessary but this morning he woke up even before his alarm went off. He's just too antsy to see Singto and see what he'll say to him.

That night after Singto walked off in the rain, Krist moped his way back inside the restaurant where his date was waiting.

Flashback

Upon entering the restaurant, Krist's date Sofi was on her way out.

Krist stops Sofi touching her arm. "Oh, Sofi, where are you going?"

Sofi sighed, "I'm going home, Krist. All I wanted was a little fun tonight, but I'm not in the mood anymore."

"I'm sorry about that." Krist didn't know what else to say. In all honesty, he didn't even think about what would happen after dinner.

Sofi shakes her head and adjusts her purse strap on her shoulder. "Krist, it's okay. We mean nothing to each other anyway."

"Well, we're friends," Krist says weakly.

"No, sweetie. We're not. We're just booty calls. We've never even had a real conversation."

"That can't be true." Krist frowns staring back at Sofi. Chitchats before and after counted for something, right?