Disconnect

The boys looked at her in shock. "You've been getting bullied?" The little girl clenched her fists and looked down.

" so, not one of you heard me cry about it? None of you remember me telling you all that the girls had been being mean to me? Not one of you listened to my problems? Wow..." the boys took a step back, as if afraid of what she would do. "T-this is ridiculous." She said.

"Sakura... please... we know now, come with us!" Naruto said, he was almost begging. Sakura glared. "No.... you didn't listen to me then, what makes you think you'll listen now? I don't want to be around people who don't want to listen to what I have to say."

"Sakura! You're a shinobi of the leaf! You're of Konoha!" Kakashi said. He was sad and scared. She pointed at her headband. "I am a shinobi of the akatsuki.... not the leaf anymore." The Moment she said that, pain and roxy attacked the boys, knocking them back. None of them could react in time.

Sakura Just watched them. She looked down and walked over to Konan. Konan picked her up carefully. "We got you..." Sakura nodded and leaned her head against her.

Pain and roxy knocked them all out. They raced out of the village, their black cloaks with red clouds trailing behind them.

Roxy watched Sakura as they ran out. Her heart went out to the little girl, not even knowing what she went through. She frowned slightly and looked ahead determined. She swore to herself that she would make everyone in the leaf regret ever hurting an innocent child like that. She didn't deserve any of that.

They got caught in the rain as they got closer to base. Sakura was asleep. Roxy looked at her and rubbed her head gently as she slept against pain. "We need to raise her well... all of us, everyone in the akatsuki. She is now family...."

Pain nodded and looked at the pink haired girl. "I hope she understands that she will have to be strong, stronger than the rest to be able to show Konoha what they're missing." A soft smile came across roxys face.

"She will... don't worry.. I believe in her. After all she's my daughter."  Pain Just chuckled softly. "Not biologically.." Roxy smiled sadly as she looked ahead. "I wonder about that." She said quietly.

They arrived at base. Roxy took Sakura to her room. "Sakura, time to wake up so you can get into some dry clothes." Sakura stretched and woke up tiredly and looked at roxy. "Go get changed."

She nodded and jumped off the bed and went to the bathroom to change. Roxy watched her faintly and rubbed her stomach subconsciously. She froze and moved her hand. "That's the past Roxy... don't dwell on it."

The young woman got changed and let her black hair fall down her back. She pulled on her comfortable clothes and laid down. After the room got quiet, the sound of quiet little footsteps sounded and then disappeared as Sakura climbed onto the bed.

She immediately went over to roxy and curled up next to her and fell asleep. Roxy rubbed her head. "I hope you know what you're doing.." she said as she fell asleep herself.

Sasori was out in the living room painting a little puppet. It looked a bit like the little girl. Deidara sat next to him. "Is that for Sakura?" Sasori nodded. "Yeah... she a new member now, we're gonna treat her like one, so, I'm making her a little puppet." Deidara chuckled

"I made her a doll." He showed him. Sasori looked at it and smiled faintly. "She'll love it"

Itachi knocked on kisames door. "Kisame? Did you get the kid a gift?" He said as he walked in with a small stack of books.

Kisame looked at him and chuckled. "Yep!" He held up a little blade. "So she can protect herself." Itachi Just chuckled. "She would love it."

He walked over to him and leaned his head on him. "Can I sleep in here with you tonight?" Kisame raised a brow and rubbed his back. "May I ask why?" Itachi sighed, "I'm tired of being alone."

Kisame sighed. "Ah alright. Go get your blankets and stuff." Itachi smiled. "I'll be right back." He walked out and closed the door. He winced slightly and coughed hard into his hand. He eventually stopped and looked at his hand. It had red spots on it. He ignored it and went to his room.

Pain was in his office working as Konan came in. He looked up from his pile of papers and looked at her. "You okay?" He nodded. "You?" She shrugged. "I'm fine... but um... I actually have a question for you."

He looked at her. "What is it?" She rubbed her neck and sighed. "Are you into Roxy?" His eyes widened slightly. No one would've been able to notice. "Of course I am. I wouldn't of kissed her if I wasn't."

Konan looked down and nodded.  "Of course... I should've known. Thank you." She walked off. He looked at her and then continued to do his work, oblivious of what was wrong with her.

When Roxy walked out in her comfortable clothes holding a tired Sakura. Everyone cheered. "Surprissd." Sakura jumped, and so did Roxy. They all chuckled. "Sakura, come here kiddo! We got gifts for you!"

Roxy places the girl carefully on the ground. Sakura walked over to Sasori who handed her the doll carefully. "Here... this is for you." Sakuras eyes widened. "I-it's beautiful." The others came over and handed her gifts and complimenting the child.

A tear went down Sakuras cheek. She looked at them all and smiled as she cried. "T-thank you all! Y-you're the best family anyone could ask for!" She wiped her eyes. Itachi rubbed her head and poked her forehead. "No problem."

Finally, she felt at home now.