Tension

Roxy arrived with Sakura back at the base. Sasori saw Sakura and ran over to her. "You're okay! I Heard what Pain did..." Sakura shrugged. "It's okay.."

Roxy frowned at that. He literally had killed Sakura... if Tsunade hadn't arrived in time she would've stayed dead. "I assume he's still alive?" Deidara nodded as he walked in. "He's in bad shape but he should be fine." Roxy nodded.

"Is my room still there?" He nodded once again. She took hold of Sakuras hand and took her back to her room. Sakura looked at her. "What's wrong?" Roxy quickly turned and looked at her. "Stay here okay?" She nodded.

Roxy sighed and left the room. She walked to the medbay. When she walked in, she saw Pain sitting in a bed reading. He looked up and saw her. And look of anger came across his face. "Traitor..."

"And I have a million other things I can say to you." Roxy said with an equal amount of resentment. He winced and got out of the bed. "Since when does some random kid matter more than me." She stood her ground.

"My Child automatically holds a higher level of importance than you." He frowned. "Really now? Since when?" He walked right up to her and glared at her. Roxys eyes glowed a vivid yellow. "Since always."

Pain shoved past her. Roxys eyes continued to glow, filling up the darkness in the room. "You know... you better start treating me correctly." Her demon form started to seep from the normal, innocent looking woman. He turned and glared slightly at her. "And why is that?"

She raised her hand and possessed him. "Because... I am much stronger than you are... Yahiko." He fell to his knees as black streaks crawled up his neck. She removed the demon and shoved past him. "I'd tread carefully if I were you." She walked out, slamming the door closed behind her.

Sakura was in her room half asleep. She was still recovering from what Pain did to her. The poor child didn't even know she had died and was brought back to life. She never would remember unless told.

Roxy entered a bit later and laid down on the bed. She turned and looked at her daughter laying there, asleep as if nothing had happened. Roxys hard, cold, dark expression immediately softened to  a mother's gaze.

"Oh my child.... I wish to tell you everything but this is not the time yet.... I need to wait." She rubbed Sakuras head and covered her with a blanket. Roxy turned over tiredly and laid on her back, staring at the ceiling thinking back to when she had Sakura. She closed her eyes.

"Ma'am, I would like to announce, you have a baby girl." The doctor gently handed the exhausted mother the crying child. Her pink hair standing out from everyone in the room.

Roxy's eyes filled with tears as she gazed at her beautiful child. Her husband had passed right when she had gotten pregnant, leaving her alone during the pregnancy. Roxy rubbed her cheek with her thumb.

"My beautiful baby girl... my little joy." Her tears dropped and fell down her cheeks as she looked at her, her black hair draping around the baby. "What would you like to name the child Ma'am?"

Roxy looked at the doctor and then looked back down at her daughter. She noticed the pink tuft of hair on her head. A slight smile came across her face. "Sakura... her name will be Sakura." The Doctor nodded and wrote down her name. Roxy continued to hold her child but teared up more, not because of happiness but due to pain.

"Ma'am,  I am sure her new family is extremely excited to meet her. May I get her cleaned up and take her to them?" Roxy looked at the doctor. Fear filled her eyes, wondering who she was letting go of. She wanted to keep the child but she couldn't keep the child. Sobs filled the room.

The atmosphere had changed, from the excitement of birth to the sadness of loss.

Roxy opened her eyes and was greeted with the ceiling once again. Such a horrid memory to her. It was worse than anything else she had experienced. She has experienced murders, assassinations, death, loss, but none hurt as much as losing her beloved child.

Now that she has her little girl back, she couldn't tell her anything just yet. She had to wait for the right moment.

The dark haired woman sat up and rubbed her neck. She gazed out the window and saw stars in the sky. A shooting star passed but she scoffed. She didn't believe in wishes. She had wished when she had her girl to keep her, but did that happen?

She had wished her husband didn't die, he's dead.

Her wishes never came true, so she always strived to get what she wanted her way without having to depend on faith or on anyone. She sighed and got changed and laid back down and quickly fell asleep.

The next day, Roxy had slept in for quite awhile. Sakura didn't want to wake her, so she roamed around for a bit. She made her way to the training area and started to fight a dummy.

The sound of her punching and kicking filled the room and halls surrounding the arena. She stopped when she sensed someone enter the room after awhile.

Quickly she turned and saw Pain watching her. "You have gotten quite strong." Sakura nodded slightly. "Thank you." Pain sighed and walked over to her.

"Make sure to stay strong... become stronger than your mother. Even though she may have a possession power, you can overpower her one day. Just, stay at it." He said.

Sakura raised a brow. "I already plan to come stronger than my mother, not simply to be stronger but to protect her from people of the likes of you."

He chuckled slightly and looked at her.

"Good".