Bye Dina

1 year later

Ellie's P.O.V

I couldn't sleep. Not what after Tommy told me. He was right. I did make a promise..

Dina and I left Jackson for a barn. It was nice and calm. We kept talking about it for a while. Dina had JJ there. Our son. Everything was perfect.. However I keep getting flashbacks of Joel, Jesse, Abby, Valentina. It kept bothering me.

I got up and closed the window. I walked to another room with paintings and pulled out a big box. I opened it and took out my journal. I flipped it to a certain page and see a sketch of Abby. I closed my journal and closed the box. I pushed it back in it's place. I go downstairs and close the window. I stand back and drop something. I get scared when it falls down. I look at it and open it. It was a guitar. I open the case and take out the guitar. I sit in a stool and play a tune. After I play I look outside the window. It almost feels like it's calling my name. Whispering,"Ellie."

I put the guitar away and get my pack. I go to the kitchen and start packing everything I will need.

"Hey." Dina says behind me.
"Hey." I say standing up.
"Man, it's been a while since he slept this long huh?" She says.
"He had a day."
"Yeah."

"He's fine.. Come back to bed." Dina says signaling.

"We'll talk about it in the morning. Okay?" She asks.
"I have to finish it." I say looking at her toes.

"You don't owe Tommy anything." She places her hands on her hips.
"I don't sleep.. I don't eat.. I'm. I'm not like you Dina."
"What? You think this is easy!?" Dina yells.
"For you, and for him I deal with it." I look away from her and look at her toes.

"I love you-"
"Prove it. Stay." Dina looks serious.
"I can't." I look at her.

She looks destroyed.

"So what? I'm just supposed to sit here and wait for you, for god knows how long, just thinking you're fucking dead the entire time?"
"I don't plan on dying." I say.
"Yeah, well neither did Jesse. Or Joel."

What did she? Oh no. I bend to pick up my pack.
"Hey come on. We've got a family." Dina pushes me off my pack.

"She doesn't get to be more important than that." Dina holds my face with both her hands.

She stares at me and I look at her. I look down and take her hand off.

"No.." She takes her hands off and looks the other way.

"I'm not gonna do this again." She cries silently.
"That's up to you." I say trying to keep my tears in.

I look at her up and down one last time. And I turn around and walk out the house. As I am walking away I hear Dina sobbing.