The "Boss" fight

Ellie's P.O.V

Some time after

I miss Dina. I miss Potato. What am I doing here? I thought as I looked for a building.

"Tracks to resort... Tall round building.." I walked with a hand on my wound.

I got hurt a while back. I got caught in a trap and was upside down.  A tree stabbed me. That's how I got hurt.

Anyway. I kept walking.

"Tracks to resort.. Tall round building." I repeat.

I stop for a second and lift my shirt to reveal my wound. I put a hand over it and I swing my head back.

"Fuck." I mumble
"Over there!" I hear.

I quickly get down and look around.

"Aim for his legs, I want him alive!" A woman yells.
"I won't go back!" A man shouts.
"Is that a gun? He's got a gun!"
"I won't go back-" The man who was laying on the dry grass shot himself.
"Shit."
"God dammit."
"Alright." I say aiming my gun at them.
"How the fuck did he get a gun?"

"Tell the others to search the area. Make sure he's the only one who-" The woman didn't finish her sentence.
"We're under attack!" Someone yells.

Now I didn't shoot. It was someone else.

"Over there!" Another man shouts.

I hear more gunshots and a lot of yelling. I got up to see if I could shoot someone but it looked like that person killed them all. I was very careful and looked around me. Then I hear gunshots after me. I quickly get down again. I hear nothing. I get up and shoot everywhere. That person shot back. I get down. The person kept shooting at me until I heard a click. The gun had no more ammo. I got up and tried to shoot the person but I was out of ammo too. I threw the gun at the person and charged at them. They also ran at me. I jump on them and got my knife out. I was about to slice their throat when I hear her say,"Ellie?"

I looked at her and took off the hood to expose her face.

"Valentina?" I say.

She tries to push me off but I slam her to the ground. Where does she think she's going?

"Get off me." She demands.
"Not gonna happen." I say still on her.
"Let me fucking go!" Valentina was about to punch me. I was surprised.
"Fuck!" I say surprised.

I got her arms and pinned them on the ground.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"For Abby." She responded.
"I thought so."
"What about you?"
"I'm also here for her."

Valentina's P.O.V

I didn't even want to see Ellie. I wanted to run away and hide from her. I still love her and all but she's with Dina, and her kid. I tried to push her away but she pinned me to the ground.

"Ellie please get off!" I scream at her.

She didn't say anything just got off.

"Thank you." I get up.

She also gets up. I examine her up and down. She looked so much different. I wasn't complaining or anything. I liked the way she looked. With a white tank top, although it was hard to tell since it was covered in dirt and blood. Jeans. She also had shorter hair than before.

"Uhh.. Let's go find her." Ellie jogged away.

This will be awkward. I followed behind her.

30 minutes later