𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

As the darkness and silence took over the house once again, Seyeon couldn't help but think through what she and Chenle had talked about only hours ago.

She knew the others in the room were asleep from their slowed breathing and soft snores, but she herself couldn't find that certain peace.

As she lay on her side, facing the drawn curtains, she saw a shadow pass over what she remembered as being the front entrance of the gang base.

The same sick feeling as before returned as she thought through the panic and fear of the last raid. It was all her fault last time, and if this what she thought it was, then it would be her fault again.

She sat up, knowing that she would never get to sleep at this stage. The room, which had become shrouded with darkness hours ago, left the rough silhouettes of each boy. She could sort of make out who was who, but it wasn't very accurate.

There was one figure who she knew immediately. The fluffy hair and the strong but cute facial structure made her smile, forgetting her fears of an intruder. That is until she heard a soft thud from downstairs. It was loud enough to hear, yet not enough to wake anyone up.

Her breath hitched, hands becoming clammy as her eyes darted from the unlocked door to the boy she had crawled over to.

"Ji...." she paused a moment before shaking the older slightly to wake him up but not startle him.

He groaned wearily, eyes still closed. He merely rolled away, giving Seyeon a gentle push of protest before going limp again.

"Jisung, I think someone's in the house," she whispered, this time slightly closer to his ear.

Jisung let his eyes flutter open tiredly, not yet processing what Seyeon had said.

"Go to sleep, Yeon."

She huffed annoyedly, knowing from the soft thumping of shoes that there was indeed someone in the house.

"Be useless then."

She turned to the bed beside Jisung's.

Seyeon leaned in slightly to try and see who slept there, and finally realised that it was Mark.

"Markie," she mumbled, having made the nickname up for him when they had spent the day together sometime last week. Most of the boys had gone out on different jobs, but due to a recent injury which Mark so kindly talked Seyeon through, he wasn't ready to go back out in the field.

He too released a tired hum of acknowledgement, but what really made Seyeon startle was the steps that began to come closer and closer to the room.

"There's someone outside the room," she hissed, her words getting caught in her throat as she shook his shoulders quickly.

The older shot up, waking Jisung up in the process.

And so, two boys and the only girl sat facing each other, unreadable expressions etched onto their faces as they listened to the nearing footsteps.

"Hide!"