MR. CEO 34

Silence engulfed the room as both men were just looking at each other. One was blank while the other one was blazing with fire.

Jimin didn't even notice that his fist was clenched tightly on the bedsheet. Taehyung was just looking at him, directly in the eyes.

He silently sat on the couch and leaned. "But don't worry about it..."

Jimin watched him as he loosen his tie. Why wouldn't he be worried about it when he just said that he loves her?

"Her heart already belongs to you and I respect that. I won't do something that can ruin your no-label relationship."

Taehyung explained as he smiled a bit, painfully. He already accepted the fact that Jennie will never be his because she's in love with Jimin. He's willing to keep his feelings to himself because he loves both of them. And he's happy to see them happy or at least trying to be happy.

"Good."

Jimin whispered as a big wave of relief wash his system. He lay down on the bed planning to sleep when Taehyung speak again.

"Unless you want me too-"

He abruptly sat up and glared at the man. "Don't you fucking dare."

Taehyung chuckled before positioning himself on the couch. He laid down and stared at the ceiling as Jimin did the same. It was silent and only the air and their breathing were heard.

Taehyung cleared his throat. "Can you stop being mean towards Jennie?"

He said making Jimin confused and annoyed. "She deserves it." he gritted his teeth as he felt something wrong with his words.

"No, she doesn't." Taehyung spat back, voice is as annoying as Jimin's. Jimin bit his lips. Deep down he knew that Taehyung was right but at the same time wrong.

"Since when did she come back?" Jimin asked after a moment of silence. Taehyung stayed silent and tried to find a good lie to say but Jimin beat him.

"Please say the truth, I promise I won't force myself to remember it." His voice turned soft yet desperate because he badly want to know what really happened. His heart was telling something but he couldn't understand it.

"About five or six months?" Taehyung answered he based on the first time he met Jennie in the company when she asked for Rosé, she's just new that time.

Jimin just nodded his head and stayed silent. His mind was in chaos, he was shocked, confused, and surprised. She's been here for so long? Why did she come back? For what reason?

He closed his eyes when his head aches a bit. How long did he sleep? He doesn't remember a single thing about what happened before he got hit. He just woke up and then he's here and Jennie was also here all of a sudden.

Is this a dream? Was he on an illusion made by his mind because he wasn't fully moved on?

Jennie... Jennie... Jennie...

Every time he will stare at her eyes, he will feel a million different emotions and a nostalgic feeling. It's like he's been doing that before but he can't remember when. The last thing he remembered about her is when it was their anniversary and the next day, she was nowhere to be found.

She's been gone for a year without any news so seeing her in front of him is still unbelievable and confusing for him.

But he won't deny to himself that his heart will always thump so fast to his chest whenever she's around as if she got him wrapped around her fingers. She's always smiling wide at him but he can easily read her eyes. It was tired and sad.