Chapter 1

<Gage Grant POV>

"Patton." I said standing on my bed. Patton was on his bed staring at me while sitting criss-crossed.

"Yes?" He asked happily that I called his name.

Patton has lived with us for 2 years. We share a room and everything in it, but Patton seems to keep to himself. We were both 11.

He has an infatuation with me though, curious about everything I do and why I do it. Sometimes he would stare at a pencil I used and glare at it for hours.

"Can you hand me a pillow?" I asked, still standing on my bed.

In a second Patton was up and holding his pillow out for me and staring at me while smiling, "Here." He said.

"Thank you." I said placing the pillow on the bed and falling against it landing straight on the pillow then started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" Patton asked, confused.

"You try it." I said getting off my bed and watched him climb on the bed, "What do I do?" He asked, looking towards me.

"Fall back on the bed." I said simply and leaned back trusting me fully. He landed on the pillow but didn't laugh, he just stared at the ceiling, "Fun." He said looking towards me.

"Patton!" I heard my dad yell, making Patton sit up. Patton and my dad have been close, more close than me and my dad.

There was a forest nearby and my dad liked to hunt but I didn't. I couldn't hurt an animal, I wasn't vegan/vegetarian, though I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

Dad was fine with me not hunting, but my mom not so much. She thought that I should know how to hunt and that I was 'soft', which I guess wasn't wrong.

Anyway, since I didn't hunt dad didn't take me. One day Patton asked my dad where he was going and ended up starting hunting with him. Mom encouraged it and that left me alone with no one for about 4 hours every week.

"Oh..." Patton whispered, getting off of the bed, "I'll be back, I promise." He said smiling softly at me.

He always said that before leaving to hunt, "Have fun." I said sitting at the small desk and looking at my homework on it.

Quietly he gave me a hug, "I'll bring you back something nice!" He said happily, leaving the room right after.

After I knew they left I also left the house, just to go to Gregory's. Walking to their house I saw Patton crouching down near some weeds. My dad saw him and Patton said something smiling.

Patton ripped one of those weed flowers, you know those yellow ones, from the ground and put it behind his ear.

Shrugging, I kept walking to Gregory's house. When I got to his house I climbed up a tree near his room and knocked on his window.

A few seconds later Gregory's window opened, "Get in." He said moving away so I can hop inside.

"What's up?" I asked sitting on his bed.

"Homework." He said pointing to a pile next to me.

"Bleh." I said pushing the pile off the bed.

"Gee thanks." He said and we heard a scream. We both froze at the sound of Gergory's younger brother's scream.

"Shut up!" Gregory's older brother yelled and we heard a loud 'Bang' downstairs. More screaming was heard and we stayed in the room.