Chapter 23

<Gage Grant POV>

I know Bonnie is safe, I just miss her. My poor baby has to go through this to live a 'normal' life.

Since dad was out Patton and I were left at the house to fend for ourselves.

"Patton?" I asked walking to the kitchen but just poking my head in.

"Yes?" He answered

"Can you make dinner? I'm just a bit tired." I asked quietly.

"Of course Gage." He said cupping my face and kissing my forehead.

"Thank you Patton." I said

Walking out of the kitchen I went to our room and I laid down on the bed.

Quietly staring at the ceiling thinking about my life...wow what a subject to think about. Great job Gage.

After a while of letting my thoughts run wild I got up from my bed and looked outside the window.

It was dark so I started to walk out of the room to the kitchen where Patton stood. He was just staring at a pot of noodles.

"Patton?" I asked and he looked up from the noodles, "Are you ok?" I cautiously asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry. I'm almost done." He said, blinking widely trying to focus on the food.

Nodding, I went into the living room and turned on the TV. The only good thing on right now was a Disney movie on FreeForm.

If you don't know, FreeForm is just ABCFamily. If you don't know what ABCFamily is, it's basically just another channel that shows Movies and slice of life shows.

Looking at the title of the movie I smiled 'Meet the Robinsons' it read. I had always liked this movie, don't know why. It was just good to me.

Grabbing a blanket from the corner of the couch I wrapped it around myself and watched the movie.

A few minutes later Patton came into the living room with 2 bowls that were filled with Mac and cheese.

"Here Gage." He said handing me a bowl, making my hands warm.

"Thank you Patton." I softly said looking back at the TV.

Eating it gratefully I kept watching. Patton didn't seem to be hungry as he kept poking at his food, shrugging at the thought I kept watching.

About 30 minutes into eating I was starting to get tired. Sometimes my spoon would miss the bowl but I dismissed the idea with me being tired.

"What's wrong?" I heard Patton asked.

"Nothing, just tired. It's good, just tired." I said meaning it. The Mac and cheese was good, but I was just getting really tired. So I set the bowl on the coffee table and leaned back on the couch.

"It's alright, you can go to sleep, I'll clean up." Patton said smiling at me.

"Thank you Patton." I said letting my eyes close, I wasn't going to fight the sleepiness.

"You're welcome Gage." He responded.

Closing my eyes I let sleep take me into its wonderful grasps.

Wonderful...right Gage. Wonderful, wonder-fucking-ful. If it's so wonderful why is Patton holding a knife about to murder us!

"Patton...?" I said, slowly waking up