Chapter 13

<Gage Grant POV>

I looked up at Patton, "What?" I asked, wanting him to repeat his answer.

"Do you wanna go out to the forest?" He asked again.

"Why would I want to go out into the forest with a murderer?" I asked, taken back by his question.

Patton looked hurt, "There's a nice place out there. I thought you would like it." He whispered

"Well, Patton you should have thought about that before you killed my best friend." I said closing my binder and walking up stairs.

"But..." He started but it trailed off into nothing as he watched me.

Sitting on my bed I closed my eyes and thought about everyone's death...well not Chase's but you get what I mean.

"Gage...I'll be out for a bit. I'll be back soon." Patton said softly.

Not answering I heard footsteps leaving the house and the sound of a door closing. Quietly I got up and searched our room.

I had a feeling he was hiding even more than what he's shown me.

Taking things off the shelves I turned them over and saw if they would hide anything. The covers on both of our beds were taken off and saw more things.

"Fuck Patton..." I whispered, taking something from under his bed.

It was a cardboard piece filled with different pictures of women's age, name, along with various details about their personal life.

What did he need with these women? I didn't know them, so why would he target them?

Shaking my head I set it with the other things I found that were out of the ordinary. Weapons, pills, a name here and there.

Looking at the names I didn't know them. Maybe I'll ask Patton later.

Staring at the books they seemed normal, but like everything else in the room...I knew they weren't.

So I checked them, more things. Injectables that had long names and there were multiple of them...why did he have them and where did he get them.

In other books I saw pictures of the bodies. More recently, Xavier and Gregory and where they are.

Trying not to puke I set them aside and looked at other things. An address and a name...David Harrison...? Patton's father maybe? They have the same last name so.

Other books had small things he would give me. The small weed flowers and a handful of pencils that I had lost.

Something that caught me off guard was a small vile full of a white substance...turning it around in my hand it had a label 'Gage' it read.

Staring at it in confusion, I couldn't figure out what it was. "Gage?" I heard someone call and looked up at the door.

Patton stood looking around in our room, "What happened?" He asked, slowly stepping into the messy room.

"What is all of this Patton?" I asked quietly.

"Be more specific my love." He said sitting down next to me.

Let's start where I'm most confused, "What's this?" I asked, holding up the vile that was titled with my name.

He took a second to think about it and just started at the vile before saying, "An heir."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, staring at him, trying not to think about what he just said.

"An heir." He said again, not helping my confusion.