Chapter 21

<Gage Grant POV>

"Yes?" I asked Patton while rocking Bonnie as she slept.

"What are you looking for? You've been searching the cabinets for a while." He asked, coming closer to me.

Honestly Patton near Bonnie made me want to kick him in the stomach, but I needed a bit more time, "Sorry, I'm just looking for a bottle. I can't find any." I answered.

Patton smiled and came closer to the cabinets, making me move so he can grab the bottles. He searched for a second before grabbing something and pulling out a baby bottle, "Here you go." He said.

"Thank you." I whispered, going to fill it with the baby formula.

"Do you need help?" He asked as I took the container of baby formula.

"Yes please, I'm just going to put her down." I said going to her makeshift crib to let him sleep peacefully.

When putting her down she woke up and started to grab at me, "Go to sleep baby. Christian will come for you later." I said holding her face in my hands.

She started to fall asleep again and I smiled at her before leaving the room, "It's almost ready Gage." He said looking up at me with a small smile.

What happened to that Patton that I saved all those years ago? If I never saved him, would he be here? Bonnie wouldn't be here probably.

"Gage?" Patton asked, looking at me curiously.

"Huh? I'm sorry, what?" I asked, shaking my head a bit to get rid of the thoughts.

"Are you alright...?" He asked gently, setting down a bottle in front of me.

"If we never met, where would you be?" I whispered to myself but Patton heard and started to think about it.

"Probably dead and in the basement of a necrophilia." He said, but I didn't know what a 'Necrophilia' was.

"What's necrophilia?" I asked, grabbing the bottle slowly.

"Someone who has sex with corpses." He explained and I squeezed the bottle a bit making some of the formula leak out.

Standing up, I went back to the room Bonnie was in and set her in my lap, "Here princess." I said putting the bottle in her mouth.

She stared at the bottle for a second before drinking the formula, "Don't worry Bonnie. Christian will take care of you." I said holding the bottle for her.

"Patton." I said loud enough for him to hear. Within the next few seconds I heard him running to my aid, "Yes?" He asked

"Can you get me something for the store please?" I asked softly, trying not to make Bonnie scared.

"Of course, what do you want me to get?" He asked

"Can you try to find some teething toys for Bonnie? I want to be ready for when she starts to grow teeth." I asked politely.

Patton nodded happily and ran out of the room to find his shoes while I looked at Bonnie, "I hope you won't be mad at me when you're older Bonnie." I whispered lightly caressing her face with my thumb.

"Gage, I'm gonna go out now." Patton said coming back into the room for me to see him.

"Alright Patton, I'll see you later." I said to him.

He left and I looked at the time on the stove, '4:27PM' it read and I sighed, "Come on princess, we gotta get a few things for you." I said looking at my sleeping princess.