Chapter 20

<Gage Grant POV>

I sat in the house that Patton got from a teacher holding Bonnie. She was quiet, didn't cry much and she only stared at me.

Her mother's been missing for a few weeks, I've assumed she's dead by now. Patton wouldn't have let her go, I know it.

"What do you think, Bon?" I asked the princess that I'm holding.

She stared at me and tried to grab at the air making me smile. Christian didn't know of Bonnie yet, no one did.

What would I do? The moment I came clean about everything Bonnie would be taken away from me, I didn't want her to go.

"I'm so sorry Bonnie, this is all my fault." I said, starting to cry and holding her close to my chest.

My phone went off and startled me and Bonnie started to cry a bit, "Shit, sorry princess." I said silencing my phone and trying to make her stop crying.

After a few seconds she calmed down and I looked at my phone with a missed call from Christian, quietly I called him back.

"Hey." I said after I saw the call being answered.

"Hey, are you ok?" Christian asked.

In a second's decision I answered, "No, you know that lake deep in the forest?" I asked Him quietly, starting to see Bonnie fall asleep.

"Yeah...why? Are you alright?" He asked, then Patton came into the room, "Who are you talking to?" He asked

"Just dad Patton. Hey can you get me something from the store?" I asked Patton and he nodded.

"Just some more food for Bonnie." I said and he nodded happily again going to grab his shoes.

"Gage, what's going on?" He asked, "Yeah dad I'm just there, it's nice, I'll take you to see it one day." I said, hoping Christian would understand.

"Do you want me to go to the lake Gage?" Christain asked, wanting me to clarify.

"Yeah, dad. Thank you." I said quickly before ending the call, "Bye Patton." I said watching Patton walk out the door.

"Bye Gage! I'll be back quick." He said closing the door.

About 5 minutes later I got a blanket for Bonnie and wrapped it around her, "Ok princess, we're going to go for a walk ok?" I said to the baby sitting in the chair while I grabbed my shoes.

Bonnie didn't answer, "You agree with me baby." I said mailing at her and she started to chew on her hand, "Don't do that princess, I'll get you something to chew on." I said looking at the baby bag.

Opening the pockets of the bag and pulling out a binkie, "Here you go princess." I said letting her suck on the binkie and picking her up.

"If Patton asks where we were going, you can say that we were just going for a walk." I said light bouncing her in my arms and I heard a soft giggle from her.

Walking to the lake was peaceful, it didn't scare me. Only so many things were scaring me now, "You know I love you right Princess?" I asked the baby.

"I'm sorry I put you through this, I'll make everything right. So you can live a normal life, and not like me." I said to the baby.

I walked in silence for the rest of the way then sat in the tire swing with Bonnie, "He'll be here soon Bon." I said bundling her up more in the blankets.

After about 5 more minutes I heard footsteps and hoped it was Christian, "Gage?" I heard him say, making me smile.

"Hey Christian, come here." I said sitting up in the tire swing, "This is Bonnie, Bonnie this is Christian." I said trying to ease him into the new person in my life.