Chapter Twenty Eight : Friends?

08/26

I tried to avoid Nathan after everything I've done, he deserve a break. But I hire someone to follow him, not everytime but only for the mean time.

I was sitting on the couch, casually reading a book when Kai suddenly spoke.

"uh, I'm going out for a while...with friends" he said. I looked up to him and spoke too.

"you can go wherever you want, I'm not a toxic person" I said then chuckled.

"I'm just informing you, so you won't bother to wait me until night" he said.

"oh yeah?" I asked.

"yeah" he answered.

"I'll go na, body guards are everywhere so you're safe" he said.

"you should go, baka malate ka" I said.

"bye!" he waved goodbye, so as I.

I waited for a couple of minutes before talking to Venice and Joshua about our plan. Our plan was escaping, I know it sounds horrible but I don't want to pretend anymore. I also felt bad about dumping Kai, but we both knew that this wasn't supposed to be continued.

I just hope for the best that our plan will work. It's too risky and I might die but I know that deep down, all I want is to be with Nathan, nothing else.

Our plan was to escape the bodyguards and hide for the meantime, before finally getting along with Nathan.

Hours had passed, Kai was already home.

"nagdinner ka na?" I asked.

"hindi pa, padeliver nalang tayo" he suggested.

"yeah right" I agreed.

The maids prepared the dining table. The food was already there, We sat down then talked.

"what if I won't come to the wedding?" I asked him.

"uhm, I won't be sad, because I knew that you'll be happy naman" he said then smiled.

"bakit mo natanong?" he asked.

"uhm, wala lang" I said.

"alam ko na siya parin, and I'm really sorry for that" he suddenly said. Napatigil ako sa pagkain.

"wag kang magalala, kakalimutan ko na siya" I lied.

"I don't think you can forget someone that was once the reason you smiled" he said. I suddenly stopped chewing.

"what? may nasabi ba akong masama?" he asked.

"uh, wala" I said then chuckled.

"basta kapag may nangyari, friends parin tayo ha, best friends pa kung gusto mo!" he laughed.

"oo ba! magkaugali kaya kayo ng mga tropa ko" I also laughed.

"I just want you to know that everybody deserves to be with someone who they truly love" he said while looking down at his plate.

"but not everybody can be with someone who they truly love" I fired.