Chapter Thirty One : Happiness

02/05

Mom told dad and I to go outside, I had a feeling na may bisita kami and was a bit nervous dahil naka oversized tshirt lang ako with a pair of shorts at naka messy bun pa. I went outside with dad and saw Nathan, Joshua, Ace and Xander dressed.

"saan ang punta?" I asked. Ace, Joshua and Xander shrugged their shoulders and looked at Nathan, signaling me to look at him. I looked at Nathan and saw that he was already looking at me, he smiled sweetly, Joshua and Xander started strumming their guitars. Nathan looked at my father.

"sir, I'm a bit nervous about being here today, still not real sure what I'm going to say, so, bare with me please if I take up too much of your time" Nathan sanged. I saw my girl friends behind me. I looked at mom and she was very happy.

"see in this box is a ring for your oldest...she's my everything and all that I know is, it would be such a relief if I knew that we were on the same side" he added showing a box. Nathan's eyes were just fixed on my father's.

"very soon I'm hoping that I...can marry your daughter and make her my wife,
I want her to be the only girl that I love for the rest of my life and give her the best of me 'till the day that I die" Nathan looked at me sincerely and that's when I knew what he meant by his words. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying, this is too emotional. He turned back his gaze on my dad.

"I'm gonna marry your princess and make her my queen, she'll be the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen, I can't wait to smile when she walks down the isle...on the arm of her father...on the day that I marry your daughter" he ended and walked towards my father.

"sir, pede ko po bang pakasalan ang anak niyo?" he asked my dad. He looked at me. Venice pushed me.

"kaloka ka girl!" Venice whispered.

"natanong ko narin po si tita and she agreed" Nathan stated.

"don't call me tita, call me mom too, hijo" mom said. Nathan smiled widely. Nathan looked back at dad. Dad's reaction was scary, there was a silence before dad spoke.

"no..." he said.

I could see that Nathan's face changed very fast, I could say that he's defeated.

"sir, hindi ko po-" dad cut Nathan off.

"no ang sagot to hangga't hindi mo ako natatalo sa basketball" dad smirked. Nathan's expression changed again.

"sige po!" Nathan said excitedly.

Dumeretso kami sa basketball court sa likod ng bahay at nagpalit si dad ng jersey niya. Pumasok muna kami ni Nat sa kwarto ko dahil sabi niya wala siyang jersey na dala. Luckily, naitabi ko ang jersey ni Nat dati kaya yon yung sinuot niya.

"galingan mo ha" I said. He smiled before hugging me tightly.

"oo naman, para sayo" he said. I kissed his lips for good luck, I looked at his reaction and he's still not used to me kissing him, he is still shocked.

"auto win na ata, babe" he said then smiled brightly. I laughed.

"kumanta ka pa ha, si dad pa yung hinarana mo" I teased.

"edi kakantahan pa kita mamaya, wait ka lang" he smirked.

"sabi mo yan ha, tara na" I laughed.

We went outside and saw dad stretching his joints.

"dad, hindi ka pa ba retired sa basketball?" I sarcastically asked.

"no anak, MVP player ako noon no" he said then went near me. "suportado kasi ang mom mo" he whispered, we both chuckled.

"doon na ako sa bench ha" I told Nathan. He hugged me and took a deep breath.

Nakaupo na kami dito sa bench and nagsimula na ang game. First to 12 lang ang labanan at lamang si Nathan. Omg I'm getting married na.

"three last points, babe!" I yelled. And as Nathan's shooting tradition, he looked at me before throwing the ball. It went directly on the net so it means that we're getting married!

I stood up and ran towards Nathan to hug him tightly. He hugged my waist and burried his face on my neck.

"pakakasalan kita" he calmly whispered. I could feel him smiling.

"you made it! ang galing mo talaga!" I excitedly said before breaking the hug.

"Nat! emergency!" Ace shouted.

"papunta na" he told Ace. He turned his gaze on me.

"saglit lang ha, babalik ako, I love you" he said then ran after Ace.

I asked Venice and others about what they meant bit they just smiled at me.

"bihis ka, may pupuntahan tayo" Raven said then pulled my hand.

We're here at my room searching for something to wear.

"eto maganda!" Olivia said.

"Shaz, suot mo dali" Venice said excitedly.

I wore the dress that they gave to me. It was white and red patterned dress na may mga design sa waist part at hanggang ibaba ng tuhod. They put my hair on a fairy braid before pulling me downstairs again. I saw a car parked on our drive way, we walked towards the car and drove away.

I'm not quite sure on where we are going I was blindfolded at the moment. The car stopped and everyone got out, they guided me and I could say that I'm familiar at this place.

They took off my blindfold and what I saw made me feel comfortable. Nandito kami sa lugar namin at may mga decorations ng mga paborito kong bagay. I saw Ace and Xander holding a banner with says 'will you...' Joshua walked towards me and whispered to looked behind.

I looked behind and saw Nathan he was wearing a formal suit, his hair was fixed and he seemed so handsome.

"I'm so in love with you and I hope you know, cause darling your love is more than worth it's weight in gold" he said then walked towards me.

"I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed, I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head...I'll take the kids to school, wave them goodbye and I'll thank my lucky stars for that night" he said with a sweet smile.

"I want to live with you, even when we're ghost, cause you are there from me when I needed you the most" he said.

"Arianna Shaznei Villanueva...gusto kong makasama ka sa habang buhay, gusto kong makita ka sa bawat pagising at pagtulog ko, salamat kasi dahil sayo ako yung Nathan Alcantara na kilala niyo ngayon, you made my life better, babe, pangako ko na itatrato kita higit pa sa gusto mong tratuhin kita, pangako ko na kahit anong mangyari ang gagawin ko lang ay mahalin at alagaan ka buong buhay ko...babe...will you marry me?" he asked then kneel down holding a red box of ring, he opened the box and offered it to me.

"happy anniversary, my love. It's a yes" I said. He stood up and hugged me tightly.

"thank you" he said before kissing my forehead.

"saan?" I asked.

"sa payag na makasama ka habang buhay" he said.

"yun at yun ang pipiliin ko, kahit ano pang ibatong tanong saakin" I said.