25. Attempt to murder

PARI'S POV:

"Excuse me, Doctor!" I entered, knocking his door.

" Yeah! Come in officer." He said with an unpleasant smile.

" Yes, doc! You said something about the whole report." I asked as I sat in the chair opposite him.

"It is not a fracture alone and also not an accident." He said picking out a pack.

I know it is not an accident but not a fracture alone?

"What is that doctor?" A frown automatically appeared on my face.

"It was an attempt to murder, I did not say as your husband was there. First he has been sedated then his wrist was slit and there was a huge blood loss that's why he is still unconscious, his wrist was slit with a glass piece." He said and handed the glass piece which was packed in a polyethylene cover.

" Who admitted him here?" I questioned him again.

"He was holding the glass chip in a piece of cloth, he was found by a tourist bus and the people on the bus informed the hospital. And also it was a deep cut, it couldn't be an accidental cut." He said and gave the packet to me.

There was a glass piece in an isosceles triangle shape covered with dried blood.

"Do you have anything more to say?" I asked him again.

"Yeah! I have one more thing to ask and as well as to say" He said but still hesitated to say.

"What's that? shoot it" I asked him to say.

"Does he have the habit of taking drugs?" He asked with hesitation.

" Doc, what are you even asking, for god sake HE IS AN I.P.S officer!" I yelled, then what does he deserve then, is this even a question.

"Yeah! I know I understand but there's something fishy here" He said taking a file.

"What's that?" A frown automatically formed in my face.

" If he's not taking drugs then he is intoxicated, I mean DRUGGED."

He said and passed a file towards me.

" We should run a blood test to identify the exact drug which is induced on him." He said looking at me.

"Okay! Then let's do it, Doc! " I stood from my chair taking the file and the packet.

As soon as I came out of the doctor's cubicle I called my teammate to handover the glass piece to the Forensic department.

" Hello, Francis!"

" Hello, mam!" His confident voice boomed in my ears.

" Francis do you know about Karthick's accident?" I asked not knowing whether he knew it or not.

" No, mam. What happened to him? Is he alright now?" He asked with a worry-filled voice.

" Yeah, he is alright but still unconscious. I want you to meet me at 'YK Hospitals' right now as soon as possible" I ordered him.

"YES! Mam, I will be there as soon as possible" He said in a stiff tone.

This is not my usual tone so he would've sensed my urgency.

I walked towards Karthick's room.

When I went in he was awake he was sitting in a reclined position.

He gave me a weak smile, that's all I could control. I ran to him and gave him a tight hug but without disturbing his injury.

A soft sob escaped my mouth, I didn't intend to, but it escaped automatically.