31. His past (2)

AUTHOR'S POV:

Pari narrated him till whatever she knows. Yuvi's face was blank, showed neither of the emotions. He just stared at her, not even at her but stared blankly. She thought he would express something but she was wrong. She couldn't figure out anything sadness or worry or any other.

" Yuvi, I am sorry. I know what you would have felt that time. I don't know how to convince you but, I promise you! I won't let you suffer anymore! I will surely reopen it and will try to prove you to the utmost level I can! It will be the last thing you lost in your life. Believe me! Will you?" She said, looking into his eyes which held nothing; blank, just blank. He didn't say a word. She asked him like asking a kid but, he didn't answer.

That made her frightened; he was staring blankly, answering nothing.

"Yuvi, don't you believe me?" She asked him again.

No answer.

"Yuvi! Say something. You are scaring me!" She shook him again.

He tilted his head, followed by a bitter laugh.

"Yuvi, what happened? Why are you laughing bitterly? Don't you believe me?" She asked as she thought he laughed at her words.

"No! I believe you; I trust you even more than myself. But here it's not you but my fate. It just fucked up my life!" He said between his gritted teeth.

"You trust me, right? Then hear this, it will be the last thing you lost in your life!" She repeated herself.

He gave her a mirthless smile and pecked her forehead.

"It's not the last thing I lost in my life! Which is more than anything to me!" He said, and a lone tear escaped his eyes.

"What are you saying?" Pari asked him, not understanding what he is trying to say.

"There is something Sid didn't say. Which made my life melt in guilt! The guilt which is eating me everyday" He squeezed his eyes shut, and tears fell down on his cheeks.

"He said something but didn't disclose it, saying that it is not his place to reveal." She said, looking at him concerned.

He couldn't speak the emotions gushed over him. A lump formed in his throat, he couldn't swallow it.

He tried controlling his emotions.

"Yuvi, you know! We are not different; there is no you and me here, it's just we, us!" She said he nodded his head up and down.

"Then, please don't control your emotions. Controlling emotions doesn't mean you are strong and remember crying will never make a man weak especially, in front of your wife." She said, giving pressure to each word.

"I know!" As soon as the left word left his trembling lips, he broke. He broke in a sob.

He sobbed, curling like a baby. He buried his face in her chest and cried.

Tears escaped from her welled eyes, she couldn't take this. Seeing her husband in the most vulnerable state; as an emotional mess; fully broken, crying like a small child.

She hugged him tightly. She tried soothing him with her sweet nothings.

But nothing worked out.

Even after crying for half an hour, he didn't stop crying.

She lifted his chin and kissed his forehead; her lips lingering there for more than a minute.