33. Neither good nor bad

PARI'S POV:

"Hello! Francis?"

"Hello! Yeah mam, anything serious?"

"Yeah! Something serious, arrange some security for Karthick. He is again admitted in the hospital; I feel something fishy!" I asked him to arrange security.

"Yeah, okay mam. But how is Karthick sir?" He asked concernedly.

" Not bad neither good! He is out of danger!" I said.

"Oh! Don't worry mam, he will return as he was!" He tried sowing some confidence which I now gained a bit.

"Thank you, Francis! And sorry for disturbing you in this night" I really felt guilty in ruining his night.

" It's okay mam! It's my duty and after all, you treat us as your family so won't I do this for my sister? Don't worry mam everything will be alright!" He gave me some confidence.

"See ya later Francis!" I ended the call.

"You will do it, Pari! You will do it!"

I said to myself and entered the doctor's room where earlier I met today.

"Hello! Doctor, you called me for?" I asked.

"Hey! There is something serious." He said with a serious face, which emitted how he serious was.

"Yes!"

"We found the drug. And it is the cause of his illness," He said, looking at me.

"Drug? Now? How is it possible? He was good in the morning?"

"BRADY 3T SLOTH "

"What is that?" I frowned at the name.

"It is one of the rarest and dangerous drugs in the world, the one who is intoxicated will never know they were intoxicated. But, in Karthick's case, it was his luck as he met with an accident and also he was intoxicated through smoke; so, he realized he was intoxicated if he were intoxicated through food or drink, he would have felt a slight dizzy that's all." He said, with a frown creased on his forehead.

"What are the impacts?" I asked, that was the main thought I had, I can deal the case later but his health?

" In a word, I can say dangerous! It affects the Central Nervous System directly so at first, it causes seizures and in this stage, the person may die. There is a high chance of death in this stage, we can say 60%; once the person crosses this stage then there are only fewer chances of death but the person might get some nervous disorders. So we can confirm anything only when he gets conscious we will take a scan!" He said I was worried like hell, but one thing was continuously ringing in my head.

"But Doctor, he was drugged yesterday, right? Then it should have reacted yesterday or at least morning but now? After more than 20 hours?" I asked my doubt.

" Yeah! That's why it is named BRADY which means slow and SLOTH which is very slow to move. This reacts very slowly from a minimum of 15 hours to a maximum of 48 hours. The more time it takes the huge drawback we have. And again Karthick is lucky here. So let's wait and see what happens. Maybe he is luckier!" He said and gave a small smile at last.

"Okay! We can't maintain this as a secret anymore we have to inform NCB (Narcotic Control Bureau) about the drug abuse. I will speak with my higher officials till then make sure everything is confidential!" I gave him a warning.

"Sure! It will be confidential until you open up yourself!" He gave an assuring nod.

"Thank you, Doc! When can I get these test results? I mean hard copy! I need to submit them in the head office!" I asked him for a hard copy.