26. Don't feel guilty

Pari was shocked hearing what Karthick said, it was out of her expectations and she couldn't believe it. How can it be? How?

There's no way this can happen?

But how did this happen?

Her brain was constantly rejecting the fact.

"Are you sure Karthick or is this an effect of the drug?" She asked still in disbelief.

"Believe me, Pari! Yeah, I accept I was intoxicated but I am damn sure about this! Even, I took this much time to accept the fact!" He said.

"Okay! Then let's wait for the forensic report but before that, we will run a blood test for you, you are ready right?" Pari asked without knowing his decision.

"Whether I am ready or not, I still have to do it right? Do I have a say in this?" He sighed.

"You don't have it but still I just asked to comfort you!" She patted his shoulder.

"Hmm!" He just hummed.

"Okay, then I'll go and schedule your tests," She said and he just nodded.

"There was a lot for her to ask him but she felt inappropriate to disturb him in this condition.

One the other side guilt was stabbing her heart.

With those thoughts, she walked without eyes on her path, she dashed onto someone.

"Sorry!" She just murmured a sorry and walked still not coming out of her thoughts.

She reached the lab and fixed a time for his tests, it was in the afternoon.

She was hungry so she went to the cafeteria and bought sandwiches and coffee for both of them.

"Karthick your breakfast" She gave him and sat on the couch that was placed opposite to the bed.

"Pari!" Karthick called her.

No response.

"Pari!" Still no response.

He stood from the bed and removed his IV tubes and moved near him.

"Pari!" He shook her by her shoulders.

"Haa! Did you call me?" She asked, he just smiled.

That's when the realization hit her.

" Hey! Why are you here? Why did you remove the IV line? Idiot!" She scolded him.

He grinned at her and put his hands around her shoulders.

" My sister was in her Lala land so I came to wake her from the dream" He chuckled at her, she slightly hit his shoulders.

"What were you thinking so deeply? What is bothering my dear sister?" He asked with concern and love dripping in his each and every word.

"Nothing serious!" She shrugged and munched a bite of her sandwich.

"Really nothing?" He asked her once again. she didn't dare to turn her face.

"Absolutely nothing Karthick! Don't worry! Eat now I'll call the nurse to put on the IV again after you finish your breakfast" She said still munching her sandwich.

"You little devil! Tell me what's bothering you. Look at me!" She didn't dare to look into his eyes. She was feeling guilty about everything that happened.