Chapter Ten: Sneaking Around.

JBs POV

I sneak out before she wakes up, ready to finally see the second part of my birthday surprise. I have no idea what it looks like, all I hope is that Roman took my advice.

Filled with unfailing and unconditional love.

That's what I asked for because that's what I feel. Unconditional love. She makes me feel alive and happier then ever, I just hope the one word she says is the one im looking for.

"Mr Versini" he puts his hand out waiting for me to shake
"Mr Garfunkel"
"How have you been" we take a seat on the chairs provided and my anxiety of seeing the ring grows.
"I've been good and you"
"Stressed. Here at Geraldo jewellers we have never been given such a free reign on the design"
"I wasn't too focused on the design, I just want her to know it's filled with love" he pulls out a box
"Now If you're not one hundred percent okay with it please don't hesitate to let me know"

It's beautiful, breathtaking. It's exactly what I was hoping. The light reflects off it, showing the diamond off perfectly. I turn it around, suddenly catching an inscription at the corner of my eye
"What's this" I ask looking up and facing him for the first time since since I caught eyes on the ring
"It's the personal touch, and better yet, no one needs know it's there"

'Forever my love, je te aime'

It meets all the description and beyond, it's filled with love on both sides, both english and French. I love you, in French. The only words she truly knows off by heart, the words I speak to her endless amounts of time a day.
"It's perfect. I don't have any words. It's breathtaking"
"We're glad you approve Sir now with all the personal touches that does mean the original price we discussed has grown"
"Price isn't an issue. Anything for her"
"It amounts to just over a quarter of a million"
"That's fine" I can't stop looking at it. Just thinking about all I had planned makes me so nervous. Will she like it or will it be too much. Will she reject me or will she say yes "honestly this is more than I ever imagined it would be. It's perfect, perfect for her. Thank you"
"I'm glad we could be of help Sir. I'll leave my trusted assistant with you to sort out all the financial stuff and I'll hopefully see you again soon, not for a engagement ring I hope" he laughs "congratulations by the way"
"Thank you so much. I appreciate everything"

When I get out of the jewellers I realise I have a message from Cheryl

- where are you?😞 -

- I had to pop out to run some errands for the restaurant. On my way back now sweetheart -

- missed you. See you soon. Love you -

I don't understand this feeling. It's foreign to me. I thought I had been in love before, I thought I had the woman of my dreams but now I realise she was nothing. She was just a girl I liked, not loved.
This with Cheryl is something different, something strange and im not sure how to cope with it.
I'm scared, excited, over the moon all at the same time. I've never felt so in love and the fact that she misses me when she probably only woke up an hour ago fills me with so much happiness I can't explain it.

Before I go home I decide to pop into the bakers to order her cake. After many text messages being exchange with Kimberley i finally had my final cake idea and all I needed was a bakers. I thought a little one near where we live would do, nothing fancy.

"Yes a red velvet cake. Can I have three tiers and a ribbon type design on the top one"
"Of course you can and that you would like to be ready a couple of days before the celebration or delivered on the day"
"Would I be able to pick it up"
"Most definitely"
"I'll come on the 27th is that okay"
"Perfect. Thank you sir have a nice day"
I walk out the bakers happy with my day's work. Now to go home, to my angel. My girl, my love. My princess.