Misunderstood. P1

Raine's Point Of View.

A Crown sits on her head
But a Frown sits on her face
Shes in this big world
But isnt sure of her place

Who is she supposed to be?
She isnt sure
Not knowing is a disease, and she's feening for the cure

I groaned as I sluggishly walked home. My feet were sore, I was tired, and in need of a snack. I had just gotten off of the bus and was currently making my way home. It was close to one hundred degrees, yet I still wore a hoodie. I couldn't wait to get home into the air conditioning, and pull this scrunchie out of my hair that kept my high puff intact.

Best feeling in the world.

It wasn't a long journey home- but with Texas heat it felt like centuries. Making it home, I used my gold Key that was attached to my Pink Keychain to unlock the door. Once I closed the door and locked it back, slid my shoes off and left them on the mat. "IM HOME" I shouted, making my presence known then making my way into the kitchen.

"IN MY ROOM" I heard my mom shout in response. Searching though the pantry I grabbed a bag of hot puffs, a small bottle of Grape Powerade and made my way up the stairs and into my room. I tossed my backpack to a random location, and star fished on my bed. After a few second of relaxing I opened my small bag of chips and began munching.

I rolled my eyes as my phone began to ring. I aggressively picked it up and answered the FaceTime call. "Hey Raine gi- GIO TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN" she shouted, making me scrunch up my face.

I got highly aggravated at loud noises.
Unless it was MY OWN music. Anything else I couldn't tolerate.

"My bad Raine my cousin just moved in. He's so annoying as disrespectful, no wonder his parents put his ass out." Milli rolled her eyes, and let out a deep sigh.

Milli was my best friend that I met in middle school. I had just moved down here, and I met her in one of my PE classes. She was funny, and we clicked almost instantly.

She was Tall, brown skin, and basically model material.

"Oh okay" I responded not knowing what else to say. To add on, I had homework but had zero energy left. Being sleepy most defiantly equaled attitude.

"Anyways, trip to Sephora Tomorrow?" Milli squealed like a toddler.

The word Sephora brought a smile to my face. I was like a kid in the candy store when it came to makeup. I wasn't a professional, or wished to be professional, but it was something I loved to do on my free time.

"Imma take that as a yes" she spoke, and I nodded my head. "Time?" I questioned, and waited for her to elaborate on the details. "There's no school tomorrow- so maybe 2?"

I nodded my head in approval. "Two is fi-" I attempted to say before I got cut off by Milli yelling once again.

"GIO IM TELLIN MY MOM YOUR SMOKING IN HER HOUSE." She shouted, I rolled my eyes.

"I'll talk to you later Milli" I waved into the camera, and hung up before she could even say good bye. I tossed my phone somewhere on my bed, and laid down.

Soon enough my eyes were heavy, and I was in dreamland.

The Next Day.

I finished my look off with a tad bit of highlight, and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. My makeup was on point, hair and edges laid, highlight shining.

Pretty Gang, Pretty Gangsterrr

I danced in the mirror, and of course snapped a few pictures. Soon enough, Milli was calling me notifying me she was here.

I grabbed my crossbody purse and made my way downstairs. Milli was sitting on the couch and my mother was in the kitchen so I'm assuming she let her in.

"Have fun and be safe. Home by eleven, you know the rules!!" She exclaimed as Milli and I made our way out the door.

"Got it" I responded closing the door, then locking it behind me.

"Oou You look cute" Milli complimented as she hyped me up. I jokingly struck a few poses, and she pretended to take my pictures. "Yes ma'am, yes mamas work it" she continued, and we busted out laughing.

"Your outfit is cute to love give me a spinnn" Milli wore a grey Nike track suit with shoes to match. Her box braids were in a cute half up, half down style, and of course her gloss was popping.

Like I said my best friend was a model.

"Nobody was available to drive us except for Giovanni" Milli rolled her eyes, and I shrugged my shoulders.

I've met Gio a few times when we were younger, back in middle school days. I haven't seen him as we've gotten older though.

We weren't really close, but we weren't enemies either.

Milli got in the passenger seat, and I hopped in the back. Peeping that Milli and Gio were about the argue I plugged in my headphones, and lowly sung songs that played in my ear.

At The Mall

I never really got to see Giovanni's face until now. His brown skin glistened in this sun, and a mean mug was plastered on his face. He was undeniably cute, but wasn't really what I went for.

"Milli get cho baby bop, lollipop head ass out my face and go" he spoke waving her away. "Be like your little friend and don't say shit to me" he added. Catchin me off guard, I turned up my face at the statement. I felt some type of way, but kept my mouth shut.

"Nigga you staying in MY MAMA house you ain't finna talk to me crazy" Milli states with her hand on her hip. They were in the middle of the parking lot drawing attention by the minute.

"Milli lets go" I tapped my thigh in nervousness as more eyes darted our way.

"You ain't finna throw that shit in my face every two seconds, I'll leave." he responded, shrugging his shoulders.

"Please do." Milli said smartly, giving him a sarcastic smile.

"I'll be gone, and find ya own way home." Gio walked away backwards before turning back around.

I kind of felt bad for him- he sort of seemed Misunderstood.

Part one... TBC