Misunderstood. P2

Raine's Point Of View

Giovanni had left, and we made our way into Sephora. Since he wasn't gonna drop us off back at home I had to call my mom and explain the situation.

Just know His name was already on Her list of dislikes.

"You should try this color I think it'll look so cute on you" she spoke holding up this lipstick shade. I frowned, "You know I'm not a lipstick girl" it was true, I always preferred lipgloss over lipstick any day. I ran to the more natural looks.

a tad bit of brown lip liner and clear gloss did the trick.

"It's always good to try something new" she shrugged, and I stared at the small tube trying to decide what I wanted to do. "Hmm" I hummed, causing Milli to smack her lips.

"It don't take that long to think" she tossed the lipstick into my bag, and smiled. "Now I decided for you" I rolled my eyes, and walked over to the next aisle. I quickly grabbed my correct shade of concealer, and this highlight I've been wanting to try.

After hours of trying out testers and getting what we wanted to buy we were out.

"Girl look" Milli spoke looking over at this guy that stood in the line at the food court we were sitting at. He was lightskin with light brown eyes, and braids that were in a pony tail.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I mean he's alright" he was cute, nothing special though. He was just your average light skin.

She rolled her eyes, " at this point your gay because you find zero niggas attractive."

"I'm just picky"

Milli  mocked me while doing stupid hand motions. "iM jUsT pIcKy"

I disregarded her and took a bite out of my burger. Once that she saw I was clearly unbothered by her antics she huffed and crossed her arms.

"If you aren't gonna eat those fries I'll eat them" I responded ignoring her little tantrum.

She looked the other way, I shrugged my shoulders, and quickly grabbed the fries.

Her loss.

"So Gio's back?" My mom questioned as she slightly adjusted her car mirror. "mhm" milli hummed typing away on her phone. It was evident Giovanni and Milli didn't get along. This was nothing new, they've always argued like cats and dogs.

"I'm sure He just needs an authoritative figure" my mom assured. Everybody knew Gio was in and out of Juvie. He was a hot head, and no matter how much everyone tried we couldn't calm him down.

It all started in middle school, right after he moved in with his mother. I'm not sure what all went on, but it wasn't my business either.

"Maybe you should try actually talking to him instead of  trying to argue with him Milani" my mother advices, making sure to keep her eyes on the road.

And Milani was Milli's full name of course.

"He's impossible to get along with" Milli whined, With a Small pout on her face.

"Or maybe you just aren't trying."

Milli slumped over in her seat as if she was in deep Thought. The rest of the ride was quiet, besides the music that played lowly on the radio.