🤍 Solomon x Reader 🤍

hi, before this chapter starts i just wanted to thank all you readers ^^ by reading and voting you've encouraged me to write one shots n stuff 'cause usually i'm so lazy ;-;

aNyhOw

solomon is gonna be my first side character, so this is exciting

i guess

uhh i'm sorry if solomon's character doesn't come out very well

[In this chapter, you and the seven brothers + Solomon and the angels attend a very special ball]

First person - Y/Ns POV

"Everyone, settle down." Lucifer calls as he sets his cutlery down.

We all turn to Lucifer. Lucifer clears his throat. "Sorry to interrupt this lovely breakfast, but Diavolo has just informed me of a ball. We are going to attend tonight."

Satan raises his hand. Mammon smirks. "This isn't a classroom. You don't have to raise your hand."

Lucifer shrugs. "I don't know. It's nice of you raise your hand, Satan. Go on."

"So, a ball? What kind of ball? Is it like... a gala or something?"

"No, not tonight. It's a masquerade ball."

Beel blinks. "Masquerade? What's that?"

"Ah, I was hoping someone would ask. A masquerade is simply a ball where one dresses up, puts on a mask and attends. But Diavolo is holding a special masquerade ball. When you dress up tonight, please be sure to disguise yourself as much as you can," Asmo opens his mouth and Lucifer looks at him, "Yes, this means you aren't allowed to dress Y/N up."

Asmo pouts. "That's a shame. I love dressing Y/N up like my little doll~"

I recoil from Asmo and turn to Lucifer. "We have to disguise ourselves? Why's that?"

"Diavolo would like to try something. He... he believes in soulmates. He wants to make sure everyone is beyond recognisable as themselves, and so, when the clock strikes 9, your soulmate is supposedly going to ask you to dance with them."

I bite my lip. "So, we disguise ourselves so no one recognises us. Then, at 9 o'clock our 'soulmate' will ask us to dance?"

"Yes. Diavolo believes that you will be asked by your soulmate because they feel a pull towards you, even though they don't know who you are. You could end up with a stranger for all you know."

Mammon sighs. "Isn't that a little dangerous for Y/N? What if she ends up with some creep?"

Belphie smiles. "Don't worry, we'll just keep her away from you."

"Wha- HEY!" Mammon shouts.

"Enough. The ball starts at 8, I expect you all to be ready by 8:30. We will be making our own ways to the ball, so if you want to leave before 8:30, be my guest. But you better not be later than 8:30."

"He wouldn't know if we were there by 8:30 anyways." Mammon whispers to me.

"Mammon. Stop." Lucifer hisses, "Go on, breakfast is over."

At 8:30pm

I walk into the spacious hall, excited for the night ahead. I don't believe in soulmates (sorry if you do), so I'm excited to see what happens. It's a sea of demons/angels in the hall, all with extravagant outfits. I fix my mask as well as my F/C wig. I chose a F/C wig to hide my H/C hair.

It's weird, being alone like this. I'm usually accompanied by at least one brother. I spend the next half an hour alone, milling around the place.

All of a sudden, Diavolo jumps on stage, glee clear on his face. "Hello! Welcome to the Devildom's first masquerade ball!," Diavolo's wearing a mask, but he's not at all disguised, "It is now 9 o'clock. Regardless of gender, go to whoever you feel a pull to!"

I'm too scared to ask someone to dance, so I walk around the fringes of the crowd.

"Ahem. May I have this dance?"

I jump and turn to see a blonde demon behind me. He's wearing a black mask and I can't see his eyes. "Uh... sure?"

He leads me onto the dance floor, and all I can think about is how awkward it's going to be. Please be one of the brothers, please be one of the brothers. He pulls me close to him and we sway to the music. His hand is resting on my waist, his other on my shoulder.

"So, it seems we're soulmates, hm?"

I look up at him. "Y-Yeah... but I don't really believe in soulmates."

He smiles a little. "What a coincidence. Neither do I."

"Everyone, you may take off your masks and reveal yourselves!" Diavolo calls from the stage.

I look back at the mystery demon. He pulls away. "Shall we?"

"Y-You can go first!" I stutter.

He chuckles and pulls off his wig, revealing white hair. I groan. "Mammon? C'mon, did you know it was me or something?"

He raises an eyebrow as he pulls off his mask.

"Solomon...?"

"Yes. I'm quite sure I'm not Mammon. Are you Y/N?"

I pull off my own disguise. He grins. "I had a feeling fate would bring us together."

I smirk. "Be honest. Did you know it was me?"

He yanks me forward, causing me to yelp in surprise. He holds me against his chest. "No, I didn't. Some would say I felt a pull towards you."

"Well, if you're my supposed soulmate, then I do believe in soulmates." I say.

"Likewise." He murmurs.

~~~~~

cool

this was pretty fun to write, ngl

i mean c'mon

who doesn't love solomon

okay i've gotta get to online class now ;(

so, see you in the next chapter!