Part 6

All of us gather in front of a red door. We step inside,  and stop inside of an elevator. After all of us are inside, the door closes behind us as the elevator descends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Leon Kuwata has been found guilty. Time for punishment!" Monokuma announces. The trial seemed to take a second, yet an eternity at the same time. Sayaka tried to kill him first. Leon had no prior intent of wanting to murder anyone. But- he carried through with it. Monokuma drags Leon away, screaming. He is tied to a post, and is pelted with baseballs by Monokuma.

It looked agonising, it was horrific. Whoever was in charge of this game had no value in human life, and seemed to enjoy watching us fall into despair. A twisted expression plastered itself on Leon's face, twitching, before he slumped over lifeless.

During the trial, Kyoko and Makoto did most of the solving. Yasuhiro made dumb ideas, although that's not too different from his usual self. I smile as I think about the brain -or lack thereof- possessed by Hiro.

Looking around, everyone is shocked at what we just witnessed. Kyoko and Byakuya are the first to snap out of the daze. Byakuya is almost as sick as the mastermind, and Kyoko doesn't seem to be fazed in the presence of death.

Making my way to Toko, following the trail of sniffles, I scoop her into an embrace.
"I won't let anyone hurt you Toko. Promise." I reassure her.
"Y/N..." She murmurs.
We walk back to the dorms, entering her room. We sit down on her bed, and I want to ask her about what Jack said, but now isn't really a good time. We just lost two friends, why am I thinking about my feelings for her?

"Toko?" I say, tilting my head slightly. She looks at me, and I continue. "Why does Jack exist?" I inquire.
She is taken aback, but quickly composes a response.
"L-Long story s-short, my m-mothers weren't v-very nice." She stutters.
"Mothers? Plural?" I ponder, confused.
"I-I had t-two mothers, b-because a baby had been b-born as the same time a-as me, but it d-died. Both o-of them s-slept with t-the same m-man and neither of t-them wanted to do a DNA test, s-so they both r-raised me." She said quietly. I don't say anything.
"I-It's just the way it e-ended up." She mumbles.
"Don't worry Toko, I won't judge you. You should know this by now." I respond, smiling. I reach across the bed, and pull her towards me, giving her a huge hug. She squeaks, and we stay like that for a while.

Hope you are enjoying this book so far!