Part 19

The group heads into their spots at the trial grounds. The trial begins. We have to find out who killed Sakura.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was.. suicide? Why...
Why would she go that far? Why did she have to leave us?
The tension in the trial grounds was so thick that it could get cut with a knife.

I zone out, but am shaken by Monokuma's shrill voice penetrating my thoughts.

"Let's give it everything we've got! Iiiiits punishment time!" He announces.

"But- nobody was the blackened!" I shriek.
Monokuma pays no response, and we see an excavator looming behind a table. The background appears to be a construction site, or dump.

On the table was just a laptop. Alter Ego -or should I say Chihiro's- face looked around. He was smiling, confused, trying to figure out what was happening:

"ALTER EGO!!" I scream.
I want to look away, I really do. But I can't. No matter how hard I try I can't. My friends stare at me, surprised by my sudden outburst before looking back at the scene.

The excavator raises its arm, and tears are welling in my eyes. We've already lost Chihiro once! Why, why again? What did we do to deserve this? This whole game?

The arm comes crashing down, smashing alter ego. The tears brim to the top.

It raises again, and continues to bombard him. The pace quickens, and I can't hold back the tears anymore. I start to sob uncontrollably. The excavator moves slightly, the assault continues from more angles, and Alter ego's computer was completely shattered, not even salvageable.

My face is completely soaked, alter ego may have been an artificial intelligence, but he was our friend. He wanted to grow, and help us, and risk his life for us!

I collapse to the floor, unable to deal with this killing game anymore. Toko and Kyoko rush up to me. Toko wraps me into an embrace, and Kyoko stands near me.
"We will get out of here Y/N. Alter ego helped us a lot, and his death will not be in vain." Kyoko reassures. Toko lifts her head up to my face, and continues.
"If you e-ever need to talk to about th-this atrocity, I'm a-always here for you." Toko affirms. I wipe my eyes, and look at her, before hugging her back.
"I- I don't want to do this anymore, I don't want this to happen, I just want this to end.." I whisper to her, sniffling.

Unsure what to do, I lean over and give her a quick kiss. She blushes bright red, and I pat her head.

In a slightly better mood, I look over and see Taka and Mondo trying to console each other. Taka and Mondo obviously have something going on, but Chihiro was extremely close to Mondo and Taka. To see Chihiro die not only in body, but also to see alter ego killed, for absolutely no reason- it would've broken them both all over again.

I'm so sorry! It's been a week since I uploaded, as I have been mentioning, I've been having trouble with motivation lately. I managed to get to the 500 words this time though! I hope you are enjoying this story!