Part 21

I was in bed with Toko cuddling her as the morning announcement rang out.
"Hnng. M-Morning Y/N." Toko stirs, and wakes up.
"Morning Toko." I reply, patting her head.
She tries to sit up, but I pull her back so I can continue hugging her.
She squeaks, and I giggle slightly.
Our cuddles are interrupted by the doorbell.
"Who is it?" I holler.
"Mondo. Can I come in?" Mondo answers. I'm surprised by him, yet also curious why he is here.
"Of course! Come in!" I respond, and the door opens.
Toko hides under the blankets, and Mondo walks over to the bed where we were.

I wonder why someone like him would be here, and why he is being so... quiet?
"Hey, Y/N.." He starts. "I- I need help with something." He mumbles. Mondo sounds really nervous.

"What do you need help with? I'm happy to help with what you need." I assure him. He seems to relax a little, but my curiosity piques.
"I- I want to ask out Kiyotaka, but I don't- I don't know how. Could you help me Y/N? You... seem to have done something right." He murmurs, gesturing to the small tufts of Toko's hair peeking out from under the bedsheets. She peeps her head out slightly and looks at me.
"I- Uh- I guess so.. maybe start by giving them some flowers? Everyone likes flowers!" I suggest.
"You can g-give him a love letter." Toko suggests quietly, to which I nod vigorously.
"Pick him out some flowers, and give him a love letter!" My voice is teeming with excitement.
"Uh, one problem." Mondo shifts his weight, and rubs the back of his head. "I have no goddamn clue how to write a love letter."
"I-I can h-help." Toko offers. Grateful for her offer, Mondo and Toko get to work writing the letter.

After they finish, I read over it. The evident prowess in writing Toko has is astonishing.
"Toko! This is.. amazing! It sounds like you have written a ton of these before!" I gasp, and she fidgets with her plaits.
"I-I- Mondo, m-maybe go p-pick the flowers and give th-them to him." She stutters, yet she sounds more determined than usual. Mondo nods, taking the letter before leaving and gently shutting the door behind him.
When he is gone, I look to Toko for an explanation.
"I-It was the f-first time Jack e-ever killed someone. I loved a b-boy, and he was m-moving away. So I w-wrote him a love letter. The next m-morning, he h-had pinned it on the bulletin board to m-mock me. After th-that, Jack followed him to Shikoku, and k-killed him.." she explained, pulling up her skirt and pointing to what I assume was the first tally- the first murder.
Confused as to what to do, I wrap Toko into a hug.

AN: I'm so sorry I haven't updated this in almost a week! I hope you are enjoying this story!