Part 20

While Toko and Kyoko made me feel better, Hina was distraught from losing her best friend. Her 'best friend'. No matter though, she lost the one she cared most about.

She hasn't left her room since the trial, and some of the others have attempted to cheer her up.

I finish plaiting Toko's second plait and hug her.
"Done! I'm going to see if I can cheer Hina up." I say, jumping off the bed and walking to the door.
"O-Ok! Y/N!" Toko smiled, feeling her freshly redone plaits.

I walk out to the hallway, making my way over to the warehouse.

I rummage through the countless rows of supplies. I lock eyes on a donut box, and fumble to grab the box. I exit the warehouse, walking back to the dorms.

Stopping in front of Hina's dorm, I ring her doorbell.

I hear small sniffles, and shuffling. The door opens a bit, and I see a glimpse of her face. Her eyes are red from crying.
"What do you want Y/N." She says quietly.
"I brought you some doughnuts," I respond, almost as quiet as she was. Her expression lightens slightly as I hand her the donut box.
"I miss her Y/N.." Her voice trails off, as she glances down.
"I know how you feel. I miss Chihiro, Celeste, and Sayaka as well." I try to comfort her, but she carries on.
"I- I never even got to tell her how I felt about her.." She whispers, starting to cry.

No matter how hard I try, I can't fully grasp the horror of losing the one you love before even getting a chance to tell them how you feel..

It's horrible.
"It will be okay. You have to continue for her. If she were here, would she want you to sit and mope?" I say, giving her a hug.
She sniffles and her crying slows.
"Th-Thanks for the donuts Y/N." She mumbles, getting one out of the box.
"Try to stay happy" I remind her as I walk away.

Coming back into our dorm, Toko is sitting on our bed reading.
"I'm back Toko!" I almost shout, patting her purple hair.
"H-How did it g-go Y/N?" She inquires.
"I think it went okay." I say, grabbing a book and sitting next to her.
I end up lying in her lap reading, and we read for what felt like an eternity.

For a few chapters, I'm going to be giving most of the remaining characters a chapter about how they are travelling. I feel like it will help me write more. I hope you enjoy!