Stalking (Kozachi x Saki)

Kozachi's POV

A smile left my lips as I read her message.

"Are you sure it's practice?" She said. I can still hear her usual monotone voice as I read it.

"Yes. It's practice." I replied. I then placed my phone on the bed I was sitting on. I had to change my clothes. Like what I told her, I'm going to school—even though it's Saturday—to practice with my band mates. We'll perform for the school festival.

Our band is divided into two, classical and modern pop. We wanted to go all out with the latter, but we can't. The judges of the contest are not fond of it. To get good scores, we must at least give them some classical music.

Believe it or not, I'm included in the classical group. I'll play the piano.

I was only wearing my underwear when my phone let out a short sound. It's her. Barely naked, I checked to see what she said.

"Ok...good luck." is what she sent me.

"Thanks. Talk to your later." I replied. I now went back to the clothes I prepared. It's now 7:32 in the morning. I might get late.

There were only 3 members in the classical group. There's Ayumi who plays Viola, while there's Shiori who plays Violin. Viola acts as an instrument that would help the Violin sound better. They are very similar to one another.

As I enter the school's gate, I can't help but feel like there's someone following me. I quickened my pace.

Our meeting place is at the third floor, but I instantly turned right—the opposite direction where the stairs lead upstairs—upon reaching the 2nd floor. I then hid behind a wall. Let's see who's stalking me.

A figure of a girl slowly leaned as she took a peek of the stairs I was supposed to be walking on.

I walked up to her then gently chopped her head. It was Saki all along. She turned around with a surprised expression, that quickly vanished as it returned to its usual blank face

"I wasn't following you." She immediately said in her monotone as her eyes looked away from me. Her lips were shaking. I can't help but smile at her attempt of lying.

"Really?" She instantly nodded a couple of times.

"Then why are you here?"

"We have a quiz later." My smile widened.

"Really?" She once again nodded.

"What quiz?"

"Math." I now poked at her right cheek.

"Okay then. I believe you. See you later." I then walked up the stairs.

I now entered the music room and saw Shiori and Ayumi sitting on their own monobloc chairs, facing the piano. They didn't sense my presence since their backs were facing me. They were arguing about something.

"I told you it's this." Ayumi said before playing something unfamiliar.

"That's how you play Twinkle Little Star." I softly laughed, but didn't let them hear it. She played the song with an E and B note from the start, which was supposed to be a C and G note. She somehow made a nursery song sound dark.

"No. It's this." Shiori briefly said then played something that made me hold my stomach. I'm silently laughing so much that it's starting to hurt.

She did start with a C note, but the rest sounded disastrous. She played an F note second. I made sure I stopped laughing before I let them know I'm here.

"Kozachi! Just in time! How do you play Twinkle Little Star?" Ayumi greeted me. I laughed again inside. Even though they're useless when ut comes to piano, they're still experts in their own instruments.

They both stood up as I closed my distance with them. I then played the simple song which made the both of them frown.

"The both of you are wrong." I said.

"Now, let's practice." They both nodded.

We now played the piece we chose, Love's Sorrow by Liebesleid.

The beautiful combination of Piano and Violin drowned me. I was about to close my eyes while playing, until we heard a conversation outside.

We all looked there and saw 2 heads from the window. They both ducked down when our gazes met theirs.

I walked outside to see who they were.

It was Saki and a guy, which is probably one of the members from another band.

"We were uh..." Saki started.

"Just passing by. We stopped and listened to the beautiful sound."

"It's fine. Good luck to your band."

"Same to you." He said then walked away. I now looked at the other. Her eyes weren't looking at mine.

"How's the quiz?"

"I didn't...take it yet." It now hit me. She was absent for 2 days, 2 weeks ago because of the rain incident. She wasn't lying at all. Her remedial schedule is today.

Why is she acting like this, if she's not lying?

"I'm sorry." I said.

"You should've said that. We would've went here together."

A smile appeared on her lips. It was small and swift to disappear, but I still saw it.

"What's with the sudden smile?"

"I was just stalking you to see if you were going to cheat."

"Huh?"

"Bye." She said then left in a hurry.

I was left standing there, watching her as she slowly vanished from my sight. She's so unpredictable, and that's why I love her.

I was left dumbfounded, until Ayumi called me.

"Ooh...looks like she's stalking you. Maybe you should stalk her back. She's pretty cute don't you think?" Only if you knew we're already official.

I now looked at Shiori.

For some reason, she had a frown on her face, until I met her gaze. She instantly looked away.