Unusual Encounter (Mika x Neroki)

Mika's POV

We decided to go home. Even though the color of our uniform hides blood, we still needed to take all the precautionary measures that we could.

Besides, it isn't nice to be arrested in a town you didn't grow up in.

After changing our bloody attire, we made our way back to the school. We took the path a normal person would, since we were so close to being late.

As we were about to pass through the gate made out of steel, we saw a girl and a boy running towards us.

8 feet now ran together towards the main school building.

"Are you two the exchange students?" The girl asked in between her breath.

I'm surprised how she was able to do that, even though we were all running at full speed. She must've been an athlete.

We nodded as an answer to her question.

*****

Unfamiliar faces greeted us as we entered the room. Soft whispers and murmurs echoed the four walls at the instant their eyes laid on us. We ignored them and went to our designated seats immediately.

This school is logical for letting me sit next to Neroki. Even though I'm used to keeping my mouth shut, I still have to admit that it'd be hard to survive here without talking to him from time to time.

The teacher was late. 4 minutes to be exact. He arrived catching his breath. He was obviously exhausted from running.

I hope his face only shows pure exhaustion. I can sense a bit of fear in his aura.

Did he see the body? I hope not.

"Sorry I'm late class, I had to talk with the other school's representative." Good. We don't really want to increase our body count for today.

"That being said, please introduce yourselves, exchange students." His gaze now met ours, making us stand up.

We then walked and stopped beside him.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Sukere Mika."

"And I'm Roshiga Neroki." A long silence filled the room afterwards.

What's wrong? Our usual monotone to other people?

"Any hobbies?"

"None." Neroki and I lied in unison. 

Killing is surely a hobby but we won't tell them that.

"Okay then. Any questions for Neroki and Mika?" He now asked the class.

Only one of them dared to raise a hand. It was that girl we met from the gate.

I should probably ask her name later.

"Are you two a couple?" Once again in unison, we both nodded, making the girl put down her arm in an instant.

The teaching style here was very similar to ours. We didn't have any problem adjusting ourselves to this new environment.

We just needed to act normal. We just needed to ignore everyone like the usual.

We were about to leave the room for lunch, when that girl called us again. She was walking towards us, with her friend.

No, I think they're couples.

"Her crush is absent today, so she decided to eat lunch with you two." The guy's words made her glare at him.

No, they are definitely best friends.

"Oh, my name is Kaneri, and this b*stard is my best friend, Jiro."

"Nice to meet you." We only nodded at his introduction.

They led the way through out the campus.

That's when we realized where they were heading; the abandoned gym.

"Where are we going? This isn't the canteen." Neroki tried to stop their advance, but they didn't care.

"Why not? There's a full solar eclipse in about 10 minutes. We'll watch it from that rooftop."

Jiro pointed to the top of the said gym.

"There's a rooftop in the main building." My attempt was also useless, as they kept moving towards the building.

"Nope. They locked that up since the police predicted that another murder would take place there." This isn't good.

We'll have to kill them if we had to.

Since they were ahead of us, I took a glance at Neroki before I nodded. We then unsheathed our daggers and hid them in the sleeves of our attires.

"Welcome to the abandoned gym, a place where couples usually f--"

"Jiro!" Kaneri stopped his tongue at its tracks.

I chuckled at his words. Such an abandoned place like this would be perfect for doing something naughty.

We can still get away with this. As long as they don't enter the--

"The ladder that leads to the rooftop is in the storage room." I sighed as they now faced the rusty metal door.

I looked at Neroki and saw that he was ready to kill. His eyes were bright red now.

They opened it, making a loud screech as the door swept across the dusty floor.

They saw the body.

From behind them, we now aimed our daggers at their throat.

"No need to do that." Kaneri said, making Neroki and I confused.

No hint of fear was in her tone.

"We're also killers, you know."