Clubs (Misuki x Kakeru)

It's been 11 days since the start of the third semester. It's now Friday.

Many people going through the school's gate are excited for what's about to happen later.

Club day.

We choose the club we want to be in. We can only change clubs once per semester.

To be honest, I don't really like being in clubs. Interaction with other people isn't really a thing I'm good at.

"What club are you going to join in?" Kakeru broke the silence as we entered the school's corridor.

Club day is one of the few moments I'm going to spend my hours with Kakeru in school. We aren't classmates this semester.

At least we spend overnight with each other.

"I don't really know." I really don't know.

"Well then, why don't we try the Foreign Language Club?"

That sounds like a good club. Maybe I can learn a new language with Kakeru.

I nodded as an answer.

We now stood in front of the announcement board, to see which room has the club we'll go to.

We then walked through the school's halls, then the stairs. The FL club is at the third floor.

Upon reaching the stairs, a group of 3 people suddenly stopped us. 2 were girls, while the other isn't.

Their smiles widened as they saw us.

"Ah, the contradiction couple?" These people are obviously in the same batch as us.

Kakeru told me that he said no to both questions. A thing that made me panic.

I looked like I was desperate for him.

"Yes. What is it?" He did the talking.

"We would like to invite the both of you to the cooking club. You know what they say. The best ingredient for any dish is love."

I gulped at his words.

I don't know how to cook. I might just end up burning the kitchen.

Kakeru now stared at me with his eyes asking my permission.

I shook my head in a gesture of saying "no."

"I think we'll pass. She really wants to say 'I love you Kakeru' in french."
My eyes widened, causing him to laugh.

"Aww, that's cute. We won't stop you two then." They now walked past us.
I was left standing there until Kakeru brought my consciousness back.

"Let's go." I nodded.

The room was simple. Not that much decoration could be seen.

[Welcome to the FL Club!] Was written on the white board. It looked appealing to my eyes, since it was written in cursive.

There were 8 people in the room after we entered. 3 boys and 3 girls.

Why are there so few?

"I think I know what you're thinking. We already set the limit of members in our club. We don't want much noise when we're learning don't we?"

A guy grabbed a sign that said

"Maximum members reached"

and hanged it outside the room.

A girl now stood up from her chair and made her way to out position. She likes silence. I like her.

"I'm Ayaka, the president of this club. Nice to meet you!"

Joyfulness was evident in her tone. If she was faking this, then she must've been a very good actress.

"Boys, introduce yourselves."

"Ren." The guy that hanged the sign said as he sat on his chair again.

"I'm Daisuke!"

"I'm Hayato." The other 2 said.

"Now, girls." The president instructed.

"I'm Yui."

"Hina." They said.

"We said ours, now say yours!" She sang. Ours and yours rhyme huh?

"I'm Kakeru, and this is Misuki." The fact that they didn't recognize me nor Kakeru means that they weren't in the same batch as us.

"Okay then. Let's get started!"

"Misuki." He said, making my gaze turn from the book I'm reading toward his.

"Hmm?"

"Je T'aime." The other members heard what he said. All their attention were on us now.

Why are they holding back their laughter?

"Uhm..." I have no idea what he just said.

A thought came to my mind which made me smile.

"Te Amo." The others now bursted in laughter.

Looks like they understood what I just said.

"The both of you just said I love you to each other!"  Ayaka said in between her laughs.

Hearing her words made my cheeks hotter than it usually is.

He closed the distance of our faces and stared right into my eyes. I didn't had the strength to look away.

"Mi Misuki, te amo." Sh*t. He knew what I meant?