Phobia (Misuki x Kakeru)

Misuki's POV

Everyone was having fun in the water, while I'm here sitting far from them. I don't like the water. In fact, I don't know how to swim.

I almost drowned when I was 6. I had aquaphobia ever since, and I don't want people to know that. I don't want them to call me a weirdo.

"Aww, my Misuki's lonely." Kakeru now sat beside me. He had 2 soft drinks in can, and he gave me 1.

"Aren't you...going to swim with them?"

He softly laughed. Before sipping his drink.

"And leave you here? No way."

"No, it's okay. You can swim if you want to."

He closed our distance.

"No. You will swim with me."

Oh no. He'll end up knowing my little secret.

"Really, you go ahead."

His gaze now gave off a suspicious look.

I gulped.

"Don't tell me..." Sh*t please no.

"You can't swim?" I sighed in relief.
He then loudly laughed afterwards.

"Based on your reaction, I'm correct. Come on, I'll teach you how to swim."

"N--" He gave me his very first glare. It made me speechless.

I nodded as an answer.

My feet now touched the water, which sent shivers down my spine. I would've ran away if he wasn't holding my hand.

Tears started running down my cheeks as the water touched my hip.
He suddenly threw me a glance, which made me throw water in my own face. I don't want him to worry.

Sh*t what have I done? Water is on my face!

My whole system was in a panic. I couldn't breath well, and my eyes became blurry.

I was about to fall flat face into the water, when he hugged me as tight as he could.

For a second or two, I forgot about my fear. All I could think of right now is embarasment. He's topless, I'm in my bikini, and we're hugging.

I could feel my face getting hot at the moment.

"Easy, inhale," I followed.

"Exhale." I did.

The water was now on our chest level, and I didn't even realize it. Even if I'm embarassed, I didn't care. I clung to him as tight as I could.

"Good. Now. The first thing you should know about swimming is how to float. Inhale a lot of air, and make sure you store them in your chest."

You can do this Misuki. Inhaling a lot of air somehow calmed me.

"Now, lay on your back. Don't worry, I will support you."

I slowly laid backwards. My feet are starting to float. My hair is getting wet.

"When exhaling and inhaling, make sure that you do it quickly, so that air is swiftly replaced inside you."

I closed my eyes as the water touched my ear. It felt like it was having a conversation with me, telling me that I shouldn't be afraid of it. The air going in and out of me removed my fear.

I opened my eyes and was shocked. He wasn't holding me anymore.

Another wave of panic enveloped me. Good thing that he immediately came to my rescue.

"Misuki! I'm so proud of you! You floated for 10 seconds straight!"

I did?

"But you told me you were going to support me!"

"I didn't, but you still floated on your own!"

After a few more hours, I finally learned how to swim up to 5 meters.
It wasn't that far, but the important thing is that I made progress.

We now walked back towards the resort.

On our way, we saw 3 girls burying one person in sand. They were laughing as they did. Poor guy.

"How'd you like our lesson?"
I smiled at his question. It was his idea that killed my phobia.

"I didn't like our lesson."
He frowned upon hearing my answer.

"And why?"

"Because I like you." A hint of red can now be seen on his cheeks.

His blush vanished as he accidentally bumped a guy who was going the opposite direction as him.

His red eyes glared at us before paying attention to where he was walking again.

What's his problem?

"Don't mind him, let's go eat lunch."

I might end up eating a lot, since I'm satisfied with myself. I'll consider food as my prize for beating my fear.

Kakeru made me trust myself, and trusting myself was all it took to get rid of this phobia.